Thursday, October 20, 2016

Riches

Hi,

We seem to be in that monotonous weather reporting time.  Same thing every day.  Today it was blue skies with afternoon clouds.  We’re supposed to get an early start on the cold season at the end of this month, but there are no signs of that yet.

Well, so far no one has named the ‘Zany Day’ song.  It’s been around before, and a few of you guessed it then.  Here’s more: “Oh, but at night I take out my strong box that I keep under lock and key, and take it off to my closet where nobody else can see.  I open that door so slowly, take a peek up north and south.  Then I pull out a Hostess Twinkie and I pop it in my mouth.  Yeah, in the daytime I’m Mr. Natural, just as healthy as can be, but at night I’m a __ __ __.  Good lord have pity on me.”  Hint:  A closeted foodie doin’ his thing.  Can you figure it out?

Yesterday I forgot to tell you that we swam.  It was chilly at first, but then it felt good.  We thought we’d try it since Neetchanon went in the day before, with a little help from her folks.  If she could do it, so could we (555).  Today we went in again and it was great.  Not the water temperature for lounging, but good for getting in some laps.  While we ate dinner, Gong’s sisters went swimming.  The pool is getting used and that’s cool.

This morning we went into town.  We had planned to go to the Talat and get material for another bed spread but our plans got changed.  Several times a year the city fumigates the channels under the street where the water runoff goes.  It’s a prime breeding place for mosquitos.  Today was the day and one look at the plumes of vapor coming up from the curbs convinced us to move on.  At Big C we found one of the work books we need for our Thai class.  

Our second lesson with Khru (Teacher) Awe was very productive.  We learned more key words and how to use them. Today she had us answering questions in Thai.  In between, she would explain things, but it was good being forced to think in Thai.  I think it’s wakin’ up the brain.  It’s one thing to be able to say something, and quite another to hear something, understand and then respond.  Learning to communicate all over again can be fun.

Today’s photo was taken in Chiang Mai on a street that is filled with restaurants and small galleries.  I call this ‘Tin Man’.


Have a Thrilling Thursday.

               Peace,
                         Danny

“Ordinary riches can be stolen;
real riches cannot.  In your soul
are infinitely precious things that
cannot be taken from you.”
~Oscar Wilde

No comments: