Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Beauty

Hi,

This morning we woke up to the sound of rain.  It wasn’t heavy and it stopped in time for us to take Daku out to play.  There are still areas of the yards that haven’t completely dried out from the weekend, so it’s soggy in places. More rain is forecast for the rest of the week.

This week’s ‘Easy Monday’ song seemed easy for a bunch of you.  Let’s see if another set of lyrics brings more memories to the surface:  “Whenever he calls my name, so softly and plain,  Right then, right there, I feel that burning flame.  Has high blood-pressure got a hold on me?  Is this the way love’s supposed to be?  It’s like a __, it’s burning in my heart.  I can’t keep from burning, it’s tearing me apart.”  

Today we took three of Lisa’s cast acrylic prints to The Wanderer.  It was a trade for pieces that are hanging in the air/con room.  There are three prints that will be in her Chiang Mai exhibit, so we needed them back.  It was nice of them to let us replace the prints.  

Down at The Healthy Market we bought a giant roll of bubble wrap.  One can never have enough of that stuff when transporting artwork.  As I crossed the street from the plastic store, Khun Singh, our Tuk-Tuk driver friend drove by and hollered to me.  It’s always a treat to see him.  Being out and about feels a little odd since I’ve been inside for the better part of 2 weeks.  I’ve been out, but mostly driving on a few occasions.  Walking through the market felt like I’d been away for a long time.  Hmm, definitely part of my routine I guess.

Lisa finished all of ‘The Work’ for the exhibit production today.  It was a monumental task that took a lot of lists, phone calls, Line messages and emails to bring it all together.  

My Singapore memories linger on, but there are some local photos that want to be seen.  The first is the view that greeted us when we returned to Chiang Rai.  The garden at the baggage belt is a beautiful relaxing sight after a journey.  The second photo is a cluster of orchids in our yard.



Have a happy Tuesday.

                Peace,
                          Danny

“Beauty surrounds us, 
but we need to be walking
in a garden to know it.”
~Rumi

No comments: