Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Wisdom

Hi,

It was another gray day in Chiang Rai.  Not cloudy gray, hazy gray.  Today was also a rather monumental day for The Big Brown House as you will soon read.

This week's 'Easy Monday' song was "Blackbird" by The Beatles.  Actually, it was written by Paul McCartney and is on the Beatles 'White Album'.  It was written in the '60s when the civil rights movement was at it's height.  The blackbird was a symbol for a Black woman.  The word 'bird' in England meant young woman.  The lyrics are about rising up and taking flight, to freedom.  Now you know.  It's time to get a little crazy.  'Zany Day' is next.
"I wanna jump but I'm afraid I'll fall.  I wanna holler but the joint's too small.  Young man rhythm's got a hold of me too, I got the __ __ __ __ __ __ __."  Clue:  The singer has a double set of maladies.  Hmm.

After almost 7 1/2 years, Boot's stay with us is over.  Yesterday she decided it was time to move on.  We have benefited greatly from all her service through the years, as well as a relationship we never expected.  There will be major adjustments in our lifestyle until we find a replacement, but between the four of us, we will carry on and be happy.  BamBam is staying with us, which is good for Daku.  It will be difficult for her though, since Boot was like her mom.  She will get used to sleeping in the big house.  We hope Boot will be happy in her new life.

It was a rather busy day for us with a trip to Makro, and two trips to Big C.  I spent time dealing with my phone being cut off while Lisa shopped.  Cat was with us and I couldn't have worked things out without her, since no one in the office had any English.  The phone office in the mall has a better staff, but it's closed until later this month.  Some days life can be rather challenging, but there's always a solution.

Today's photo was taken in Chiang Mai.  What you're seeing is a giant screen with six smaller screens from traffic cameras at a major intersection.  It's a fascinating way to spend a red light, but I wonder how much of a distraction it is for some drivers.  Hmm, I would have looked even if I had been moving.


Have a Thrilling Thursday.

                 Peace,
                           Danny

"Kindness is more important than wisdom,
and the recognition of this is the beginning 
of wisdom."
~Theodore Isaac Rubin

No comments: