Friday, March 13, 2015

Friday Funnies


Hi,

Welcome to Friday the 13th.  Doesn't mean a thing here.  Maybe it doesn't mean a thing.  We continued with the hot weather and saw more people (including us) wearing masks today.

The 'Zany Day' song was "Rockin' Pneumonia & The Boggie Woogie Flu" by Huey 'Piano' Smith.  'Old School Friday' is next and I think you all know this one.  Extra Cool Points if you name the original artist.
"It brings a tear, into my eyes, when I begin to realize I've cried so much since you've been gone.  I guess I'm __ __ __ __ __.  I sit and cry just like a child.  My pouring tears are running wild.  If you don't think you'll be home soon, I guess I'll __ __ __ __ __."  Hint: Even 'Georgia' knows this one.  When tissues aren't enough and you need a life raft.  Hmm.

This morning Boot came to the house to do some work.  She had told us she was willing to come and help out until we found someone else.  The dogs were very happy to see her, and I suspect it will give BamBam a sense that she's coming back.  This evening my phone rang and BamBam jumped up, thinking it was Boot calling to say she was home.  It's going to take time.

Cat, Lisa and I went to the Farmer's Market today.  There was a larger crowd than last week, so I guess the word is spreading about the fresh vegetables and fruit.  Some of the prices are pretty amazing too.  It's always nice when Cat comes with us because we can get questions answered.  Today Lisa spotted some honey and there were different bottles.  With Cat's help we learned that some of the honey was from flowers and some from fruit.  Good stuff to know.  I got some coconut water from a vendor who opens them at his stand, pours the water into a cup and then shaves some of the meat into the water.  It makes for an odd looking drink, but it's all edible and they even give you a spoon to eat the meat.  

We always knew that Boot did a lot around the house, but having to do what she did gives a new perspective to it all.  I'll say this, it can keep one busy.  The sooner we find a replacement, the sooner life will return to 'normal'.

Tomorrow evening we're going to the opening of the Art Bridge Art Supply Store.  This will be great for the artists who sometimes have to have paints and other supplies shipped from other cities.  Next weekend is the one night only Elephant exhibit.  You can see photos of some of the elephants with their artists at:  https://www.facebook.com/ArtBridgeChiangRai  There are at least two posts that show lots of photos.

The photo for today is an ocean of motorbikes parked in the bus station lot next to the Night Bazaar.  As you can see, it's still daylight.  These are early arrivals.  


Have a Wonderful WeekEnd.         It's time for the 'Funnies'.    Oh, Formula One begins this weekend.  Zoom.

                   Peace,
                             Danny


No comments: