Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Desire

Hi,

The slightly cooler temperature today did not change the intensity of the dirty air.  There is a forecast for rain next week, but we all know that forecasts can change.  Life goes on through a fuzzy lens.

This week's 'Easy Monday' song got some quick responses.  Maybe the second verse will help you remember.
"Won't you look down upon me Jesus, you've got to help me make a stand.  You've just got to see me through another day.  My body's aching and my time is at hand, and I won't make it any other way.  Oh, I've seen __ __ I've seen __.  I've seen sunny days that I thought would never end.  I've seen lonely times when I could not find a friend, but I always thought that I'd see you again.... Thought I'd see you, __ __ __."  Hint: One of the words in the title is what causes the smoke, the other is what we hope for.  It's easy.

A few days ago we got an air purifier for Blue's room.  It really made a difference and we realized we needed more.  Today we returned to HomePro and got one for Lisa's studio and one for the kitchen.  The air is the talk of the town.  Today was not as hot as it's been, maybe due to the haze blocking the sun.  Without wind or rain, the smoke just hangs and has no place to go.  We didn't run the dogs this morning, but just let then walk around a bit.  Too bad they can't wear masks like we do.

Today's photo was taken as we left HomePro.  What caught our attention was the chicken cooking on the grill as she drove down the road.  I'm sure one of you can think of a great caption for that.


This evening, during dinner, we had a conversation about all of the people in the north who have to live and work in the open air.  The most common type of business in Chiang Rai is situated in a 'shop-house' which has an open front.  That means that all of the bad air is inside the business, all day long.  The majority of restaurants are either open on one side, or the whole thing is outside.  I can't imagine trying to eat while sitting in smokey air.  People do what they gotta do.  We gotta stay inside.

Have a Happy Tuesday.

                    Peace,
                              Danny

"The starting point of all achievement 
is desire."
~Napoleon Hill

No comments: