Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Art


Hi,

How hot was it?  I wore a T-shirt at 6:30 this morning and it was comfortable.  It was downhill from there.  I'm beginning to think that I really have acclimated to this kind of weather.  It feels so much better than what we thought was 'cold'.  

The 'Easy Monday' song got a ton of responses.  This song is apparently unforgettable.  I was a disco smash. 
"Go on now go, walk out the door, just turn around now 'cause you're not welcome any more.  Weren't you the one who tried to hurt me with goodbye?  You think I'd crumble, you think I'd lay down and die?  Oh no, not I. 
__ __ __, as long as I know how to love I know I'll stay alive.  I've got my life to live, I've got all my love to give and __ __, __ __ __ (Hey hey)."  Clue:  

Today we witnessed an annual phenomenon.  The light breeze from the south turned into a wind and the sky was filled with little white balls that looked like fluffy cotton.  They were streaming through the trees, landing on the lawn, in the pool, and into the house through an open window.  This went on for about an hour, and then stopped, even though the wind was still blowing.  Each little puff contains a black seed.  Tomorrow I will find out which tree released them, but it was a very freaky sight.  The picture tells the story.


At dinner on Sunday evening at Le Meridien there was another treat that I forgot to tell you about.  The little elephants from the Art Bridge project are now living at the hotel until July.  It was good to see our little friends, especially Lisa's, which was standing in the front of the lobby entrance.  

This was day two of having help around the house in the mornings.  So far it has been a wonderful thing.  Khun Lin follows directions on what we want and is very thorough.  Living in a big house is nice until it's time to clean it.  Once she 'learns' the house, it will give Lisa time to go back in her studio.  

While we were in town this afternoon, we stopped at Healthy Choice, our heath food store.  It's on Bus Station street which is very busy.  I usually double-park and Lisa goes into the store.  As I sat, watching the traffic, an image from another time rolled by.  There is a man I have seen since we got here, who moves around town siting on the frame of a Samlor.  He is very low to the ground and propels the three-wheel vehicle by 'walking' while seated.  There are no tires on the wheels, but he still manages to make his way through the busy streets.  It's an amazing contrast with all of the modern machinery whizzing around him.  Gratitude comes to mind every time.

Have a Happy Tuesday.

                 Peace,
                           Danny

"Art has no enemy
except ignorance."
~Latin Proverb

No comments: