Friday, October 31, 2014

Friday Funnies

Hi,

We had a very hot day today.  The Loy Kratong holiday is coming next week and we can hear sounds of music from across the river.  The celebration begins Wednesday and will go until Friday.  

The 'Zany Day' song was "Along Came Jones" by The Coasters.  Our 'Old School Friday' song should be familiar to many of you.  If you remember last weeks 'Old School' tune, you should have no problem with this week's entry:
"You're my love, you're my angel, you're the girl of my dreams.  I'd like to thank you for waiting patiently.  __ __, your __ __ to stay.  How I've waited for this moment to be by your side.  Your best friend wrote and told me, you had teardrops in your eyes.  __ __, your __ __ to stay."  Clue:  Back in the day, answer songs were very popular.  Same crew, different name, but vocals just as smooth.

We spent the whole day at The Big Brown House.  Lisa worked on various aspects relating to her upcoming exhibit that opens on November 29.  The catalogue is at the printer, but there are still invitation designs, demonstrations, and press releases that have to be prepared.  

I spent most of the day sifting, or rather shoveling through two storage areas that have accumulated a lot of unnecessary baggage.  It's amazing how much can grow in the dark (555).  There is a fine line between being sentimental and being a pack rat.  I tend to save things, the thinking being that I might someday need, or have a use for them.  Today was the day when I faced the music and let them go.  I can now say that I have Thailand memories that are nice to recall, but not worth saving.  What do you do with a business card that you cannot read, or a phone number to someone you don't remember?  And then there are the little tech things that didn't quite work, but were just too cool to toss.  They're all in the trash, along with some magazines that are now obsolete because technology has made such rapid leaps.  In the midst of all the things that are going away, there were some items that just have to stay.  Missing music, memorabilia from conventions, and gifts from a long time ago that remind me of special people are the things I keep.

Today's photo was taken by Blue this evening.  We have been having some very dramatic cloud formations and he caught one of them just as the sun was setting.  


Tomorrow we will probably venture out into the world.  Cat needs a badminton racket and proper shoes, and we always have a running list of things for the house.  This weekend is the Formula One U.S. Grand Prix and because of the location, we will have to record the events and watch them later.  I'm not getting up at 3am to watch (555).

Have a Wonderful WeekEnd.       It's time for the 'Funnies'.

                 Peace,
                           Danny



No comments: