Thursday, March 27, 2014

Journey

Hi,

We had more hot weather today.  The air is slowly creeping to the ugly side.  No rain is predicted for a couple of weeks.  

This week's 'Zany Day' song was called 'Cowboy' song back in the day.  If you know this one, you're from then (555).
"I was born one mornin' when the sun didn't shine.  I picked up my shovel and I walked to the mine.  I loaded __ __ of number nine coal, and the straw boss said 'Well, a-bless my soul'.  You load __ __, what do you get..."  Hint:  One word is actually a number.  Hmm.

The peace and quiet of the morning was interrupted by the sound of a tractor moving dirt around on the lot behind us.  With the windows closed it wasn't so bad.  Then came the dump trucks.  I thought they were done with that part of the job, but no.  If they add much more dirt, it will be higher than our property.  Meanwhile, right next to the new dirt, the farmer and his wife planted more seeds for a new crop of vegetables.  I guess it will be some time before it gets filled in.  Looking on the bright side, if and when they begin to build a little house, it won't take long to complete it since it's a tiny lot.

Our afternoon coffee time was spent at Work@Home.  Cat went with us and ordered a fruit cocktail that was an amazing dessert.  Picture a small 'fountain style' glass filled with ice-cream, dragon fruit, pineapple, mango, kiwi, and apple, topped with whipped cream.  Oh my.  Our friend Andrew was there and he and I had a long conversation about the teaching of English.  He is the director of the language school where Cat studied.  Part of our discussion centered around the cultural shift that is going on in Thailand as a result of the internet exposure that so many young people are getting.  When I mentioned the skateboard shop in Central Plaza he noted that the generation 'gap' is becoming a totally different thing than in the past.  Today, young people here are adopting many things from the 'West', and moving farther away from the traditional ways of their parents.  Those learning another language  are creating a cultural shift that may leave the older generation behind.  Hmm.  Lots to think about from a sociological point to view.

Sometime next week I will take delivery of a device that will kickstart my music.  It's a pedal that has the ability to create two voices in harmony with mine, based on the chord I'm playing on the guitar.  Wow, me, myself and I, singing again.  I'm getting excited about the possibilities.  

Today's photo was taken at Work@Home and it shows what happens when hail meets a canvas awning.  Nasty business.


Have a Thrilling Thursday.

                Peace,
                          Danny

"I may not have gone where I intended to go,
but I think I have ended up where I needed to be."
~Douglas Adams

No comments: