Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Whisper

Hi,

'Twas the night before Christmas and all through the house, blah, blah, blah.  I hope you enjoy whatever holiday you celebrate.  

The 'Easy Monday' song this week was "The Christmas Song" as sung by Nat 'King' Cole.  It was written by Mel Torme and Robert Walls.  Now it's time for a 'Zany Day' song that fits in with the season.  This tune goes way back, but I'm sure a lot of you remember it:  "Everybody pauses and stares at me.  These two teeth are gone as you can see.  I don't know who to blame for this catastrophe!  But my one wish on Christmas Eve is as plain as it can be.  __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ ..."  Hint:  I think the singer has made it pretty clear what they want!

I've said it before and I'll say it again, compared to Chiang Rai, driving in L.A. is very polite.  People take turns and allow you to merge into traffic, they wait at stop signs until it's time for them to go, and no one turns in front of you when a traffic light turns green.  It's so relaxing to know that there is such a thing as 'right of way'.  Speaking of that, I got a notice that it's time to renew my driver's license.  The last time this came up, I was able to do it on the internet.  Well, this time they want me to come in and take a written test, and a vision test.  Hmm, I haven't looked at the rules of the road in so many years that I don't even remember.  Time for some study.  The funny thing is, you only have answer 18 out of 36 questions.  What?  More will be revealed.

Yesterday we visited with our friend Nid at Emerald Thai Restaurant.  We were the only patrons so he had a chance to sit down with us and have a real conversation about Thailand.  When we asked him how things were going he told us how the rail line construction had created a real problem for him and many other businesses on Venice Bl. near Robertson.  The heavy traffic keeps customers away.  Then, of course, we had to talk about the weather.  We have been friends with Nid since before our first trip to Thailand in 2001.  In fact, when we told him we were going to visit his homeland he began to teach us a few important words.  What a guy. 

We got a chance to spend a lot of time with Jeff, Anna, C-Bass and August, and  this morning will also be fun watching The Boys open gifts.  

This evening we're going to Pasadena for our annual Family Dinner.  We will take Aunt Sara. My brother Denny, his wife Sheila and their son Gavin will also be there, as well as our dear friend Blue.   We always have fun at dinner, and then more fun back at mom's house in Altadena.   

Today's photo is another view of the Chiang Rai Flower Festival.  This pic shows one of the 'Flower Tunnels' at dusk.  


It looks like a Wacky Wednesday.

                 Peace,
                           Danny

"Let your heart guide you.
It whispers, so listen carefully."
~The Land Before Time

No comments: