Monday, June 25, 2012

Venture


Hi,

Things were pretty mellow in Chiang Rai this weekend.  We hit the usual shopping spots for supplies, swam a bit, and watched the European Grand Prix from Spain.  

The 'Old School Friday' tune was "What's Your Name" by Don & Juan.  Now you know.  Once again, it's time for 'Easy Monday' and I'll try to be kind.  "You say yes, I say no.  You say stop, and I say go, go, go.  Oh no..."  Clue: The title is in two words, about coming, and going.  Salutations from four guys from across the pond.

We began our weekend with a Saturday morning trip to Central Plaza.  I went to Boomerang Music to look for a CD of a group I like.  It turned out that the K-Otic CD from '08 was too old to stock or order.  That's why everyone in town laughs when I ask about it.  At least now I know.  One of the most frustrating things here is not being able to know who's making the music I'm hearing.  I guess it's not just in Thailand either.  Stores all over the planet pipe in music from satellite feeds in an endless stream.  No one knows who is performing what.  After a few productive stops we went home.  On this trip we didn't see anyone we knew.  

The entire weekend has been an internet roller-coaster ride.  It has fallen back into the same pattern as before.  It may be a little worse.  They are coming back again in the morning and I can't wait to see what happens.  This evening I'll probably resort to tethering my phone to my laptop in order to send you this message.  Ain't technology grand?

The big news Sunday was the call from Jaffee telling us that he had posted Lisa's AseanTV interview (from her Chiang Mai exhibit in March) on Facebook.  We got the Youtube link and now I share it with you:


We went to the Night Bazaar in the evening and met our friends Chalit and Amber for dinner.  We always have fun hanging out with them.  Lots of 'creative' conversation mixed with good food and laughter makes for a great night out.  Chalit told us all about the worms he's raising.  He has several different kinds and some are in his mom's garden and some are in a compost heap he built.  Very interesting stuff, from a distance.  We may try some worms in our gardens to enrich the soil. 

The photo below is one of the more sophisticated machines that I see in the countryside.  When all the parts are unfolded and churning and turning it looks quite amazing.  The first time I saw one on a trailer, I thought it was a carnival ride. 

             A colorful combine machine all folded up.

We ended our weekend watching the Formula One race from Valencia, Spain.  It was a very exciting race with lots of surprises.  Now it's on to tennis and the Wimbledon Championships.  During nap time we're all into women's volleyball. 
All of that should keep us busy until the Olympics begin.  (555)

Have a Great Week.

                   Peace,
                              Danny

"The vision must be followed by the venture.
It is not enough to stare up the steps -
We must step up the stairs."
~Vance Havner

No comments: