Thursday, June 14, 2012

Dance


Hi,

Today we had a morning full of 'doing'.  Each time we go out into Chiang Rai we see new things, new friends, and enjoy the wonder of it all.  

I find it rather peculiar that no one remembers this tune.  There's a very distinctive 'Bad Ass Bass' line before each verse.  Here's part of the last verse: "...A child can cry so much until you do everything they say.  But unlike a child my tears don't help me get my way.  I know love can last through years, but how can love last through tears?  __ __ __..."
Clue: The title has to do with a word that means 'strange'.  I gave it away in the first sentence.

This morning I had an appointment to get the car serviced.  I left at the same time the dogs went out for their morning exercise with Lisa.  They were a little confused at first.  I wasn't with them, I was getting in the car.  I think Daku wanted to go with me.  I arrived on time and they were done with the car in one hour.  When I got in the car the first thing I noticed was a plastic bag containing an oil bottle with a little left in the bottom.  Hmm, I've seen this before.  Whenever they change fluids in the vehicle they let you have what's left.  Nice idea, but since it doesn't leak or burn oil, I really don't want to take it home.  I guess it's also their way of letting you know what they put in the car.  

One of our main missions of the day was to get the internet problem resolved.  We went to the closest 3BB office in the business district.  There was only one person behind the counter.  When asked if she spoke English her reply was "Nit Noy" meaning a little bit.  We headed to our next stop on the way to Central Plaza.  Surely there would be someone there who could help us.  We got to the Plaza at opening time and went straight to the 3BB counter.  A really nice young man who spoke a little English was very understanding of our problem.  He took my number and said a tech would call us to arrange a time.  We asked him to have the tech bring a new router.  The young man had a sense of humor that helped ease some of the frustration.  We never did hear from anyone.

After we finished with our assignment it was time for coffee.  We have a new favorite coffee spot in the mall.  It's a pastry/coffee place and it's like a little island on the upper level, with no walls.  We sat and drank our coffee and looked out on the lower level, watching the people.  That's when we spotted our friend Lisa and her little boy Jack.  They were looking at the display of vibrating chairs and when we arrived Jack couldn't wait to show me what they could do.  While Lisa and Lisa talked, Jack and I explored the magic chairs.  Then our friend Eddy walked up and we had a conversation with him about seeing his new house.  The Plaza has become quite the social spot in town.

There is a village to the east of us called Ban Mai.  We use the the main road to get to and from the Super Highway.  Since we've been here we have watched it grow quite a bit.  There are several buildings under construction, mostly shop-houses, and because it is a link to a main highway, it's getting more and more traffic.  Today we commented on how Chiang Rai is slowly becoming a modern little city.  It's still going through growing pains but there's no stopping progress.  How interesting to be able to watch all of this unfold.

Under very cloudy skies we slipped into the pool for an exercise swim.  Because of the recent rain the water is bearable, but not that temperature that invites you to lounge.  While we were looking at the yard from water-level,
we realized that our little banana tree is growing.  It's still a baby, but it's getting bigger.  Someday it will be tall and provide fresh fruit.  Yum.

                           Our Banana Baby

Have a Thrilling Thursday.

                    Peace,
                               Danny

"Those who dance are thought to be quite insane by
those who cannot hear music."
~Maggie Erotokritou


No comments: