Thursday, June 21, 2012

Today


Hi,

Summer my be here, but it's not here.  I know, sounds weird until you see the sky I see.  Cloudy all day, sprinkles now and then, not summer in my book.  We hung Lisa's giant cast acrylic print in the guest room, and another one in the music room.  It's coming together nicely.  

Whether you know the song or not, it's a funny read.  Here's more of this 'Zany Day' tune:  "We love to funk you, __, you funk is the best (talk!).  Take my body, give it the mind to funk with the best (kiss me on my ego).  Hit me with the one and then, if you like, hit me again.  __ __... King of the Funk, yeah!"  Hint: Think 'Mothership Connection'

In 2010 Lisa created a large work with elements of Chiang Rai as the focus.  Today we hung it in the guest room.  Not a simple task, but it's done and it looks great.  We still have more hanging and switching to do before we're done.  I must say, it's a lot easier than painting the walls. (555)

       Jungle path around the back of our waterfall.

This evening Lisa went to dinner with our friend Tye.  Part of their adventure was to look at a space Tye wants to use to create a dance studio.  While they were on their excursion, I went on one with Tatt.  He is going on a motorbike trip to Mae Sai with 15 of his friends from school.  He needs to have a helmet so I took him out to find one.  I'd done a little research on what is best in Thailand, but unfortunately we're a little behind the big cities.  We found a good one at a dealership.  During the travels to and from the shop we had a chance to speak in English.  He has a very large vocabulary on paper, but hasn't had a chance to really learn conversational English.  I could tell he's been working hard on it because we talked a bunch about many things.  It it fun now that he's come out of his shy phase.

There is a new routine in the evenings at the Big Brown House.  It used to be that after dinner both dogs would go and hang out at Boot's house and at 8pm we would bring Daku to the big house for the night.  Now that Daku and Tatt are best buddies, Daku goes to Tatt's room from 8pm until he gets really sleepy and then he comes upstairs and crashes. He does this on his own.  While he's downstairs with Tatt, he just watches him do his homework.  One night they both fell asleep and we had to wake them up.  Boys.

Have a Thrilling Thursday.

                  Peace,
                             Danny

"Don't let yesterday use up too much of today."
~Native American Proverb

No comments: