Wednesday, June 13, 2012

See


Hi,

Today it looked like rain for most of the day and then it finally happened.  Nothing like an afternoon downpour for watering the air, the yard, and the roads.  We spent most of the day inside but not at home.  Read on.

The 'Easy Monday' song was "It's Too Late" by Carole King.  A few of you were on time with your answer.  Here's a song from the 60s that had some nice movement on the bottom.  I think it qualifies for 'Bad Ass Bass' day.  
"You do me wrong but still I'm crazy 'bout you.  Stay away too long and I can't do without you.  Every chance you get you seem to hurt me more and more.  But each hurt makes my love stronger than before.  I know flowers grow from rain, but how can love grow from pain?  __ __ __? "  Hint:  The groove is from the motor city dynasty by a man who asked for mercy.  He's asking a musical question.

This morning we had an 8:30 appointment to meet with our attorney at the Land Office.  This was a monumental occasion because it would give us control over our domain, even though we can't own the land.  What we thought would be a two hour affair turned out to be five and a half hours.  If our guy didn't 'know people' it would have taken much longer.  Papers were presented, papers were scrutinized, signatures checked and verified, and lots of time was spent waiting.  After we finished at the Land Office then we had to go to his office downtown to sign papers and have everything in four contracts explained.  Everything is done and we are very happy.  I must say though, the whole thing was draining.

The police didn't waste any time installing 'The Box' I told you about.  What I didn't realize was that it is a red box attached to our mailbox.  What?  I don't know what we're supposed to do with/about it.  More questions are in order.  I guess we'll have to call a few of our friends and find out the whole deal.  One friend said it's a very official looking deterrent.  I guess that could be a good thing.

  I call it 'Pineapple Twist'.  An odd mutation for sure.

Tomorrow morning I have an 8am appointment at Toyota for a six month checkup.  This will give me a chance to catch up on my morning Thai TV (555).  Going that early should give me a good chance of getting home way before lunch.  Notice the air of confidence that the car doesn't need any special attention.  

Speaking of special attention, we don't seem to be getting anything of the sort when it comes to our internet problem. Tomorrow, after Toyota, I'll make a stop at the 3BB shop and lodge a complaint and see if I can rattle the cage.  One of the problems with 'call centers' is that they all seem to be located in Bangkok.  Once a call is placed, the call/order is then transferred to the local office.  The level of communication varies depending on the office.  Maybe starting at the local level is the way to go.  

It's sure to be a Wacky Wednesday.

                    Peace,
                               Danny

"What we see depends mainly on what we look for."
~John Lubbock


No comments: