Friday, June 1, 2012

Friday What?


Hi,

It warms my heart to know that some of you are paying attention.  You wrote and reminded me that I skipped a day and sent a Friday message on your Thursday.  Lisa realized it about 1 minute after I clicked 'send'.  I hope none of you celebrated the end of the week too soon.

Since so many of you let me know that the song was "What A Fool Believes" by The Doobie Brothers, here's one for the weekend.  It's not really that old (555) but it's in an 'Old School' style.  Note that there are four words in the title, and they're divided by other lyrics.  "I been in the __ __, but it must have been the __ __.  I'd of said the right thing, but I must have used the wrong line.  I been on the right trip, but I must have used the wrong car.  My head was in a bad place, and I'm wondering what it's good for..."  Hint: It was hard to resist using this tune since it describes the space I'm in and the state of confusion.  Is there a doctor in the house?

        Sunrise over the Pacific Ocean headed for Taipei, Taiwan

Hurtling through space across the International Dateline and losing a day can definitely play tricks with the mind.  For some reason the effect from this trip was a little more pronounced.  Mainly, I think I forgot that most of you are in another day and time.  Or was it me?  Anyway, it was embarrassingly funny to imagine what you were thinking when you opened the message.  

It's Friday night here and we've been sluggish all day.  We managed to go to the market and get some basic stuff, and then just moan and groan a bit.  Today, being the first of the month, was Boot's day to go to Ban Du to help with the lottery.  She set things up for us and Lisa made a yummy lunch.  The nap didn't help.  Mr. Lag let us know that he wanted more time with us.  We'll see how we do tomorrow.  That would be Saturday in Thailand, Friday in America and who knows what in other parts of the world.  

Have a Wonderful Weekend, again.

                  Peace,
                             Danny

"It matters not who you love, 
where you love, why you love,
when you love or how you love.  
It only matters that you love."
~John Lennon

No comments: