Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Express


Hi,

We had another hot day here in Chiang Rai.  Our front yard was a playground, I got a massage, and it hasn't rained, yet.

'Easy Monday' was familiar to a lot of you.  Many of you didn't recognize "You've Got A Friend" as sung by James Taylor.  The 'Bad Ass Bass' song this week my also find you scratching your head.  By the nature of this category I may not pick the most popular songs around.  This week, in honor of the elections, I give you this:  "Hey now baby, get into my big black car (repeat).  I wanna just show you what my politics are..."  Clue:  It came from across the pond by a group that's named for something used in coffee and the bassist has two first names.

The big event of the day was a play date with Jago.  Gary brought him over while it was still cool and he and Daku started running around and playing.  Jago has grown since we last saw him.  He's still got that puppy playfulness that makes one smile.  He has the ability to jump very high and in one instance he jumped over Daku.  Actually, he just sprang into the air. Gary said that he uses his talent to evade the pack of dogs in the neighborhood where they live.  He lets them chase him and then turns abruptly and jumps over them and gets away.  Lisa took BamBam out on a leash to see if she might get used to this stranger in 'her' yard.  After a bit of training and treats she calmed down and the three dogs ran around together.  Some of you may have seen the pic of the day on Facebook, but I just had to include it here.  It's BamBam hiding from the thunder in the bathroom upstairs.

              BamBam Finding Shelter from the Storm

While the dogs were playing, I was getting my first full massage in almost a month.  Khun Joy kept commenting on how tight everything was.  It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, but there were places she massaged that caused a little outburst from me.  It just struck me that long distance and overseas flights could add massage to the list of amenities for travelers.  Hmm.

Mornings and evenings in our back yard are a delight to the nose.  We have Jasmine and yellow Gardenias blooming and it adds a soft touch to the air that is hard to describe.  Daku also enjoys the aroma and it's fun to watch him raise his nose and wander over to the plants.  He's been like that since he was a puppy.

Have a Thrilling Thursday.

                      Peace,
                                 Danny

"Express love through acknowledgment.
Notice the good in those around you and freely comment on it."
~Mary Manin Morrissey

No comments: