Thursday, April 5, 2012

Worry


Hi,

Last night, as I wrote to you, there had been wind but no rain. Well, later the wind came really hard and then the rain. Fortunately it didn't rain sideways so everything was fine in the house. Today was the first day we could open the windows and let in fresh air in a long time. So happy.

It would appear that I didn't stump several regular players with this week's 'Bad Ass Bass' song. Here are a few more lyrics from this abstract love song: "In a garden, I see west. Purple shower, bells and tea, orange birds and river cousins dressed in green. Pretty music I hear, so happy and loud, blue flower echo from a cherry cloud..." Hint: I gave you wrong info yesterday. The title is two words and a number, and the number is of greater value than the number in the lyrics of the song. What? You had to be there.

As I predicted, I was up and ready to face the world this morning. Well, at least some of the world. I do feel better, but that means I have to not get too excited and overdo it. We went to Makro this morning and got supplies. While cruising the frozen bin for interesting sights I spotted a package that read: "Frozen Ictalurus Punctatus (Mix Meat)". I guess I don't have to tell you that I don't eat that. It did cause me to look closer to see what it was. It's fish meat of some kind. Shopping at Makro can be such big fun.

After Makro we went downtown to take care of some business. At a photo copy shop I reached into my pocket and pulled out what I thought were 5 Baht coins. The young man looked at the pile I'd put in his hand and started picking through the money, then gave most of it back. I didn't understand, thinking I'd given him the correct amount. He just waved me off and we left. At Tops market I bought a bottle of Sprite which was 24 Baht. I handed the clerk five coins from my pocket and the same thing happened. It turns out I was trying to pass U.S. quarters for Thai Baht. I don't even know how those got in my pocket since we always isolate the money as soon as we return. Oh well, we paid in Baht and I left with a double dose of embarrassment.

Songkran doesn't start until next week, but the music began Sunday night and it sounds like it will not stop until the last drop of water has been thrown. Thumping bass is all that comes into our bedroom. It's just a faint, undercurrent that goes away as soon as another sound is produced, like the TV. We're comfortable with it, and sometimes we even hear something that makes us run to the window for a better listen.

Sunday we're going to have a party. It looks like it will be a small gathering of good friends who all know each other. Many friends are going out of town but we'll still have fun. There will be several artist friends so that should be stimulating.

Have a Thrilling Thursday.

Peace,
Danny

"Worrying about the future is like trying to eat the hole in a doughnut.
It's munching on what isn't."
~Barry Neil Kaufman

No comments: