Wednesday, April 25, 2012

A Friend


Hi,

What began as a cool morning turned into an inferno.  Clear skies brought high temps and the heat is still the talk of the town.  We seem to be doing well at surviving without Boot, but we'll gladly welcome her home.

Our 'Easy Monday' song was "School Boy Crush" by Average White Band (AWB).  You shoulda known.  Time to get ready for some 'Bad Ass Bass'.  See if you remember this tune:  "__ __, take me in your arms, __ __, I want your tender charm 'cause I'm lonely and I'm blue.  I need you and your love too, come on and __ __."  Clue:  Sung by a woman with an unusual first name and a last name that looks like the theme of the day.  She needs to be 'saved'.

Last night we let BamBam spend the night with us.  Normally she sleeps in Boot's house but she was so cozy with us late last night that we thought we'd have a 'sleepover'.  Well, it's the last time she stays all night.  She woke up in the middle of the night and did her little low growl, prompted by my stirring.  Then she woke up at 6am and wanted everyone else to be awake.  We all went downstairs and started the day about 20 minutes early.  

On our Wednesday mornings Lisa talks to her father, Joe, in Palo Alto and then we take the dogs out.  Playtime consists of them taking turns chasing and retrieving the ball and then playing catch.  They don't actually throw the ball back, but they catch it and bring it back.  I think they're ready for the circus.  After dog play I go for my weekly massage.  

We stayed in the house for most of the day and the dogs seemed OK with that.  They're used to going out and roaming around at different times of day, but even they have relented and choose to be inside.  This afternoon I went into town.  On my way home I stopped and took a picture of a unique rotisserie grill on the side of the road.

As you drive past, it appears as though the girl is turning the chicken.

Our neighbor has a pen near the front of his property where he keeps some Pigmy Deer.  I have no idea how he got them, or why he keeps them, but sometimes they smell really bad.  We noticed that it's not so bad right now and I realized that they probably cleaned the cage out for Songkran.  Hmm, nice that it's clean during the hot season.

Speaking of nature, it struck me that we live with many sounds that have become a part of our lives, but seemed quite odd when we first got here.  During the course of a day and evening we hear hooting birds, croaking frogs, and lizards that holler in the night.  Hmm, it's a jungle out there.

It's time for us to shift into 'Going to America' gear.  We'll be crossing the Pacific in just 19 days.  What should I take, what do we need to bring back, what does it all mean?  These and more critical questions are pondered each time we visit the 'East'.  

Time for Wacky Wednesday.

                  Peace,
                             Danny

"A real friend is one who walks in
when the rest of the world walks out."
~Unknown

No comments: