Friday, April 6, 2012

Friday Funnies

Hi,

Today was the most beautiful day in weeks. We had a second rain storm last night and today was really clear. We did our shopping circuit, saw a bike race, and went to the Night Bazaar. I also had some phone drama as well.

The 'Bad Ass Bass' tune was "Strawberry Letter 23" as recorded by The Brothers Johnson. Cousin Rikke sent me the background on the song. It was written by Shuggie Otis (Johnny's son). His girlfriend used to write him letters on strawberry scented paper, hence the title. Now you know. For 'Old School Friday' ponder this: "Never know how much I love you, never know how much I care. When you put your arms around me, I get a __ that's so hard to bear." Hint: It's about something I had earlier in the week. 'Cool Points' if you tell me the original artist from 1956. What?

Our list of errands grew during the week since I was 'down' for a few days. After the pet supply store we paid an overdue visit to Big C. We needed household supplies and party stuff. The crowd hadn't built up too bad so we were able to move about, but they were coming. It was the last Friday before the beginning of Songkran so shoppers were doing their thing. It was interesting to note that there is a shortage of soda water, with a limit of 6 bottles per family. Hmm. There were lots of families out this morning. I enjoy watching them shop. I saw grandparents with grandkids, or three generations strolling the aisles looking for favorite things to eat. There's a lot of eating during Songkran.

This afternoon I went out to The New Life Foundation to meet with some of the residents. As I was leaving I called Lisa and did the dumbest thing ever: I put my phone on the roof of the car. In my excitement, I loaded the car, got in and drove away. When I started down the main road back to town I heard a thumping at the rear of the car. Then I heard a tone in my Bluetooth. Hmm, reached for my phone and my case was empty. After a quick U-turn I sped back up the road where I saw my phone case. I stopped and looked closely, hoping there would be no oncoming traffic. Then I heard the Bluetooth say 'connected', and there was my phone, in the middle of the road. My heart sank as I approached and saw the shattered glass face. Oh my. When I got home Lisa called my phone and it worked. I could move things through the broken glass, but I'm not going to mess with it. We're going to Central Plaza first thing in the morning to get it repaired. Never put phone on car.

This evening we went to the Night Bazaar for dinner. We haven't been in weeks and won't be going on Sunday so it was time. We had a nice talk with the owners and Lisa got to go upstairs to the kitchen to watch the husband cook shrimp. She missed the actual cooking magic, but he explained it and invited her to come up next time and watch the process. We did some shopping, stopped by Aye's Restaurant to say 'Hi' and invited them to the party. On the way to the car we had a brief visit with 'Watch Guy'. It was a good evening. In the background there is music and possibly thunder.

Have a Wonderful WeekEnd. Time for the 'Funnies'.

Peace,
Danny

HOW TO INSTALL AN OKLAHOMA HOME SECURITY SYSTEM

1. Go to a secondhand store and buy a pair of men's
used size 14-16 work boots.
2. Place them on your front porch, along with a copy
of Guns & Ammo Magazine.
3. Put a few giant dog dishes next to the boots and
magazines.
4 Leave a note on your door that reads:

Bubba,

Big'un, Duke, Slim, & I went for more ammo and beer.
Back in an hour. Don't mess with the pit bulls - they
attacked the mailman this morning and messed him up
bad. I don't think Killer took part, but it was hard
to tell from all the blood. Anyway, I locked all four
of 'em in the house. Better wait outside.

Gettin' Funky, Thai Style
www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics
http://blog.risingstardom.com/
www.lisamosesgallery.com

No comments: