Thursday, January 20, 2011

Within

Hi,

Today we had a warm day here in Chiang Rai. Early this morning I watch an orange moon set in the west as the sun rose in the east. Freaky. We spent a quiet day around the house. I sampled some street life in the afternoon.

There was a big response to the 'Summer of Love' tune this week. If you didn't get it, check out this classic line:
"'Scuse me while I kiss the sky." Clue: If you really need one, it's by a left-handed guitarist whose career was way too short. At Monterey there was fire involved. Hmm.

We decided to see if we could stretch Daku's wake up time to 6:30am, rather than 6:15am. It worked. He stayed quiet until the alarm went off. It may have been because he went to 'bed' late. We'll see in the morning.

Lisa finished another beautiful piece for her show. Now she's focused on another piece that is starting to take shape.

Boot wasn't feeling well today so Lisa made lunch. She conjured up a delicious chicken soup with noodles. After what seemed like a long nap, our friend Tye came over. She and Lisa had a visit and then she looked in on Boot. Normally Boot takes the dogs out while she waters the yard. I took them out instead and they wandered around checking things out. This time of year there's something in the lawn that makes them want to bite and dig. I don't know what it is, and I'm not sure I even want to know. (Ha)

I went into town this afternoon to get printer ink and check on our fan. While walking toward the shop where I get ink I heard the sound of '40s big band music coming out of one of the shops. You just never know what you're going to hear when it comes to music. When I got to the fan guy's shop I saw our fan standing 'headless' near the entrance. Fan guy greeted me holding part of the motor. I couldn't understand him, but I knew he was telling me that he had to re-wind the coils. He was holding a maze of copper wires. I'll pick it up tomorrow. The guy is amazing. He could have just told me that it was 'done'. Instead, he's fixing it. Another reason why I love this place.

Have a Thrilling Thursday.

Peace,
Danny

"What lies behind us and what lies before us
are tiny matters compared to what lies within us."
~Unknown

Gettin' Funky, Thai Style
www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics
http://blog.risingstardom.com/
www.lisamosesgallery.com

No comments: