Monday, January 10, 2011

Never

Hi,

We had a busy weekend. Saturday was a 'travel day', and Sunday was local. Funny how we just can't seem to get away from Thai food. (Ha)

The 'Old School Friday' song was "Love Potion No. 9" by The Clovers. That one's a classic by this group. Many groups covered it, but The Clovers did it best. Now it's time for 'Easy Monday' and I just know you know this one.
"I was a lonely soul, I had nobody 'til I met you. But you keep-a me waiting, all of the time. What can I do? Hint: It's by a group from across the pond, singing about their impatience. The title is five words.

Saturday morning I had an acupuncture session and found out what's going on with my thumb. Amir explained what was happening with the joint, and possible remedies. It seems that it may have started with the stiff emergency brake release on the truck that was our first vehicle in Thailand. Thankfully, the Vios brake is much easier to deal with and I can work it without stressing my thumb. Time to heal.

We drove out to Altadena to take my mom some printer ink and help her update the software on her new computer. Part of the process required restarting the computer and when it asked for the password, it didn't want to take it. We called our friend Bill in San Jose to see if he might know what to do. Nothing seemed to work and my mother decided to go to the Apple store on Monday. We had to leave her with her computer shut down. While we were in Alhambra with our good friend Debby, my mom called to say that she got it working. Monday she will join the folks at the Genius Bar. (Ha)

Debby and Lisa have known each other since high school. You might even say that she's 'Family', she's been in our lives for so long. We visit with her every trip and get updates on her family and her life. This trip we went to a restaurant in Alhambra called 'Thai Purple'. We had a fun time chatting about languages, family, her new grandson, and life over an early dinner.

Sunday we had lunch at Emerald Thai with my mother. She watched as Lisa put chili powder on her food, and wanted to try it. A of the little powder, and some soy sauce perked up her rice dish and she had several helpings. We always have a good time when we go on our little adventures with her.

After a short break at the house, we got a call from our friends Kerrina and Michael. They were returning from a weekend in Big Bear and we were going to meet at East Wind for dinner. We hadn't seen them in a year and the kids have really grown. Katja, Kira, and Zane are great kids and we've watched them grow up. Not that they're grown, but you know what I mean. During dinner I asked about 'Stanley', the little paper cut-out guy we took to Thailand as part of a class project for Kira. It turns out that he traveled the farthest of any of the characters. She was quite pleased with the results. Zane made sure I sat next to him so he could tell me all about their skiing adventure. He's seven and really likes cars, and the same shows that August likes. The ones that show how things are made. I've never known a seven year old who reads Motor Trend.

Today we go back to Universal Studios for a look inside the park. I'll let you know what I see.

Have a Great Week.

Peace,
Danny

"It is never too late to be what you might have been."
~George Eliot

Gettin' Funky, Thai Style
www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics
http://blog.risingstardom.com/
www.lisamosesgallery.com

No comments: