Thursday, January 27, 2011

Do

Hi,

Today in Chiang Rai found us caught up in tennis, art business, and finding ways to beat the rush hour traffic. I also retrieved my alterations. The town is having celebrations that must be about the coming new year but I'm not sure.

Well, I got a few responses on this one. Maybe these lines will bring it to the front of your mind. Read the hints.
"You know my papa disapproved it, my mama boohooed it, but I told them time and time again, 'Don't you know __ __ __ __ __ __, built my world all around her' Yah! Hey, hey, hey." Hints: We used to call him 'Little', it's a wonder you don't know who it is. For extra 'Cool Points' tell when he stopped being 'Little'.

I'm sure you noticed that yesterday's message was a little late. Just as I finished writing it, the internet crashed. Usually it comes back after a few minutes, but last night it didn't. I woke up at 1am and noticed that the lights were all blinking on the modem so I got out of bed and sent the mail.

Lisa is still dealing with minor tweaks of the translations for the show. There seem to be differences of opinion when it comes to how to say certain things, especially when high level politicians are involved. This afternoon we went over to 9 Art Gallery to edit and correct some of the wording for the invitation that they will send out. It's all quite an adventure.

Getting from our house to the gallery was also an adventure. There is a major intersection by the police station, that is signalized. For some reason they have set the lights to allow for 'free' turns. On it's own, this is a good idea. The problem is, they set the time so each sequence is close to two minutes long. This results in a line of traffic that is over a quarter of a mile long when going from our place to the highway. Today I took Clock Tower street across town and it was smooth as silk. On the way we stopped at 7-11 and paid the water bill. Now we know how to beat the monster intersection.

Earlier in the day I went back to Gahn's to get my pants. Everything came out perfect and when I asked how much, I was surprised. It came to a bit over $3.00. That was for shortening two pairs of jeans and replacing the velcro on my waist bag. Amazing Thailand.

Last night, at the Dusit, we were talking to Arno (not sure how to spell it), the manager. He told us that the Dusit chain has gone 'Green' and explained all the things he's instituted. All of the water is filtered and recycled for watering the gardens and lawns. There are solar panels on the roof, vegetable gardens for all departments, and they use plastic made from plant by-products. We found the whole thing fascinating and it made us feel like we're not doing enough. Hmm.

Across the river there is live music this week. Not sure why, but I can hear the bass every night. Tonight there's something going on at the school in the village. More music and lots of bright lights. Chiang Rai knows how to party.

Have a Thrilling Thursday.

Peace,
Danny

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are."
~Unknown

Gettin' Funky, Thai Style
www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics
http://blog.risingstardom.com/
www.lisamosesgallery.com

No comments: