Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Giants

Hi,

Monday proved to be a very busy day. We managed to meet with all our 'appointments', and had a great time doing it. We're putting in a lot of time at Thai Boom, one of our favorite hangouts.

I had four responses to the 'Easy' song. I'm sure the chorus will open up your memory if you haven't figured it out.
"Oo, I hear __ __ __ __, walking hand in hand with the one I love. Oo, how I love the rainy days, and the happy way I feel inside." Clue: Looks like we've missed our window to act out the title of this song. The sky is clear.

We started the day with breakfast at Dinah's with our friends Steve and Pam. It's always nice to see them on our visits to L.A. Lots of interesting conversation, and the wonder that is Dinah's.

We did some shopping at Ross, thanks in part to a gift card from Aunt Sara. One of the things I don't wear much in Thailand is socks. What I brought with me were a little to thin for this weather, but I got what I needed today.

Lunchtime and we were back at Thai Boom to spend some time with Seth and China. Some of you know Seth from the "Godfadda Workout." As former groupies of the show, it was great to see him and find out about his adventures. We'd never met China and that was a treat as well.

In the afternoon there was more shopping. Mostly tracking down things we need to take back to Thailand. There are little things we just can't get so we have many lists.

In the evening Lisa had dinner with a friend so I dropped her off and met my friend Dan for dinner at, you guessed it, Thai Boom. Lots of talk about life in the Land of Smiles, and the cultural differences we've encountered.

While driving this evening I saw the Culver City version of a 'Night Crawler'. A man in a pick-up truck going through the recycle bins in a neighborhood. A far cry from the motorbike/trailer combos that cruise Chiang Rai at night.

We've talked to Boot a few times and things are going well at the compound. The dogs are fine, and she admitted that they're a little fat. She promised to feed them less. We'll see when we get back.

Tomorrow looks like a lighter day, but a double dose of Thai Boom again. I'll fill you in tomorrow.

Have a Happy Tuesday.

Peace,
Danny

"If I have seen farther than others,
it is because I was standing on the shoulders of giants."
~Isaac Newton

Gettin' Funky, Thai Style
www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics
http://blog.risingstardom.com/
www.lisamosesgallery.com

No comments: