Monday, January 3, 2011

Moon

Hi,

Happy New Year to all. Thanks to the cold, rainy weather I spent the evening of the new year, and all of the day in bed with a California cold. The cold's almost gone but the rain is still here. Sunday I emerged for a road trip.

Our 'Old School Friday' song was "Splish Slash" by Bobby Darin. For 'Easy Monday' we have a weather driven theme:
"Strolling along country roads with my baby, it starts to rain, it begins to pour. Without an umbrella we're soaked in the rain, I feel a shiver run up my spine. I feel the warmth of her hand in mine." Hint: The title is four words describing odd behavior in foul weather.

Friday afternoon the whole family plus one of C-Bass' friends piled into the van and went to Chinatown for Dim Sum. Little did we know that it's just a breakfast and lunch meal. The boys were a little disappointed, but we stayed and had dinner. It turned out to be quite good. At least with dinner from the menu I knew what I was getting.

I had been 'fighting' a cold and by Friday night it was clear that I was losing the battle. I stayed in bed, warm and cozy. I missed the eastern feed of the New Year, and managed to get one weak 'toot' out of a celebration horn at midnight. All the next day I lazed around taking cold remedies, watching the parade and football.

Sunday I felt much better. In the afternoon, just as the rain started, Lisa, August and I drove out to the west valley to visit with Joel, Martha, and their daughters. August was Mr. Question as he walked around Joel's studio. He wanted to know how things were connected, what went where, and so on. Joel was a very gracious host and teacher. August and Sophia, the youngest daughter hit it off and played a video game they both have. We had some good visits and drove home in a light rain. It was a fun afternoon and I can't wait to see what August 'creates' after his studio visit. Hmm.

Today we're booked for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The new year is starting off with a bang.

Have a Great Week.

Peace,
Danny

"Shoot for the moon.
Even if you miss it you will land among the stars."
~Les Brown

Gettin' Funky, Thai Style
www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics
http://blog.risingstardom.com/
www.lisamosesgallery.com

No comments: