Friday, January 7, 2011

Friday Funnies

Hi,

Well, just five more days in sunny? Southern California. It turns out we'll be flying home to rain. The only difference is, it won't be so cold. Thursday was a pretty mellow day considering our usual pace.

The 'Summer of Love' song was "The Letter" by The Box Tops. Now you see where those clues were going. (Ha)
It's time for a dose of 'Old School Friday'. This one's from 1959. The group name sometimes has four leaves.
"I took my troubles down to Madame Rue. You know that gypsy with the gold-capped tooth. She's got a pad down on Thirty-Fourth and Vine, sellin' little bottles of __ __ __ __." Hint: This one should be easy. It's sometime to cure matters of the heart.

This morning I drove Lisa out to Marina Del Rey for visits with former work friends and lunch with her former boss. I went back to the mall to try and find a few things we needed. My search was fruitless, but I did have a tasty lunch. I still don't know all of the shops there, and kinda felt like a tourist as I walked around looking at all the 'new' shops.

I returned to the marina to have coffee with Lisa and our friend Richard. He told us that he roasted the green Doi Chaang beans we brought him last time, and the coffee was great. We talked about Lisa art process, his house renovation, and learned some things about printing paper that we didn't know. It's always a pleasure to visit with Richard.

The late afternoon and evening were spent at the house. August showed me his plans for 'Theater Surround Sound' in his bedroom. He had dismantled his old speaker cabinets and was 'testing' his under-the-bed unit. He wants it to vibrate the floor. There will also be speakers in opposite corners as well as two on his desk. If nothing else, he has vision. I'm hoping to experience the result before we leave. I cautioned him about keeping the volume down since it's a small room and he needs to protect his hearing. We had a quiet dinner that Lisa made, and he dashed off to continue his project.

While driving this evening I began wondering how long it would take me to readjust to the other side of the road. The main thought was the steering wheel controls. Would I turn on the wipers instead of the turn signal? If I think about it too much, I may do it backwards while I'm still here. Hmm.

Tomorrow we go back out to the marina for more visits, and Saturday will be a busy day with acupuncture, a visit to my mom in Altadena, and our friend Debby in Alhambra.

Have a Wonderful WeekEnd. It's time for the 'Funnies'.

Peace,
Danny

A man was telling his neighbor, "I just bought a new hearing aid. It
cost me four thousand dollars, but it's state of the art. It's
perfect."
"Really," answered the neighbor. "What kind is it?"
"Twelve thirty."

Gettin' Funky, Thai Style
www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics
http://blog.risingstardom.com/
www.lisamosesgallery.com

No comments: