Friday, September 24, 2010

Friday Funnies

Hi,

Chiang Rai weather is back in the rain groove. We had rain last night, and it hit again this afternoon. This has been a very rainy season. We've been lucky around here. In some areas of the country there has been flooding, and rivers have overflowed.

That song from the 60s that a few of you knew was "Along Comes Mary" by The Association. Now it's time for 'Old School Friday' and I'm going to the vault. This song was #1 for 8 weeks in 1950, and it won an Oscar.
"__ __, __ __, men have named you. You're so like the lady with the mystic smile. Is it only 'cause you're lonely they have blamed you? For that __ __ strangeness in your smile?" Clue: The artist started out as a piano player, but was forced to sing when a singer didn't show for work. The rest is history. Oh, it's two words.

Most of today was spent here at the house. Lisa's been working on her art, and I've been studying video editing. This afternoon I had an acupuncture appointment. There is a sign by the elevator buttons in the hospital that is worth a thousand words. It's a picture of the Durian fruit with a big red 'X' over it. Family and friends are allowed to bring food to patients, and for themselves while they wait. Durian is the one thing that is not allowed. Just thought you should know. (555)

There was a photo on the front page of the Bangkok Post yesterday showing the arrival of Rafael Nadal here in Thailand. He's here to participate in the PTT Open. Also arriving in the Kingdom were the Kings of Salsa, direct from Cuba. Who says there isn't diversity in the entertainment here. Hmm.

This weekend Singapore will host the Formula One Grand Prix. It's an amazing night race. Maybe this is the weekend you'll finally watch a race with me.

If it's not raining tomorrow evening we're planning on going to Walking Street. We haven't been in a long time. If we go early enough we can see all the booths, and actually stop and look at things. When it get crowded it's like being caught in a strong current that just takes you where the river goes.

Have a Wonderful WeekEnd, and enjoy the 'Funnies'.

Peace,
Danny

The following was published by an insurance company for internal distribution. These reports were submitted when policy holders were asked for a brief statement describing their particular accident:

The other car collided with mine without giving warning of its intention.

I thought my window was down but found it was up when I put my hand through it.

The accident occurred when I was attempting to bring my car out of a skid by steering it into the other vehicle.

I was driving my car out of the driveway in the usual manner, when it was struck by the other car in the same place it had been struck several times before.

I was on my way to the doctor’s with rear-end trouble when my universal joint gave way, causing me to have an accident.

As I approached the intersection, a stop sign suddenly appeared in a place where no stop sign had ever appeared before. I was unable to stop in time to avoid the accident.

The telephone phone pole was approaching fast. I was attempting to swerve out of its path when it struck my front bumper.

My car was legally-parked as it backed into the other vehicle.

An invisible car came out of nowhere, struck my vehicle and vanished.

When I saw I could not avoid a collision, I stepped on the gas and crashed into the other car.

Coming home, I drove into the wrong house and collided with a tree I don’t have.

The indirect cause of this accident was a little guy in a small car with a big mouth.


Gettin' Funky, Thai Style
www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics
http://blog.risingstardom.com/
www.lisamosesgallery.com

No comments: