Thursday, September 30, 2010

Embark

Hi,

After a torrential downpour overnight, we had another beautiful day today. I guess the Thursday rain hex has been shattered. We spent the morning getting more beautiful (Ha), I got stuck again, and Daku and I had an evening run, sort of.

Looks like there are still some 'Funkateers' out there. I hope my clue about a group with two names didn't throw any of you. This particular record was under one of the two names they throw around. Here's some more lyrics for you: "We love to funk you, __ your funk is the best. Take my body, give it the mind to funk with the rest (kiss me on my ego). Hit me with the one and then, if you like hit me again..." Hint: He doesn't have a medical degree, but he has higher learnin' in the art of the funk. There are so many wonderful lines in this song.

Our morning was spent at our respective salons. There's something about letting someone take care of you that is relaxing. I got a chance to watch the Thai version of The View, and then some kind of musical contest show which was full of slap-stick comedy as well as music.

I have renamed the government offices where the train lives as 'The Train Station'. Now we have a name for the street as well. (555) Tonight there was lots of activity around the place. Chairs were set up under an awning. I guess there's going to be some sort of dedication. Someone has got to know what this is all about. Hmm.

This afternoon I went back for my last series of acupuncture. After two weeks, if I'm still having problems then I can go back. While I was lying there with needles in my hand, I got into a conversation with an American woman on the next bed. She's been in Thailand for 10 years, and an expat since 1980. That's a long time. Our conversation was mostly about how nice the treatment is at the hospital, and how the staff makes things bearable.

I went into town this evening, and Daku was waiting for my return. He was all excited about going out to play. Lisa had to calm him down while I changed clothes. We went out to the front lawn with the fishing pole toy. He chased that thing like there was a piece of meat on the end. I finally let him catch it, and that turned into a short game of tug-o-war. Then another chase and he just walked off, signifying that he'd had enough. Now he's sleeping at the foot of the bed. What a guy.

Tomorrow night we're going to the Night Bazaar with our friend Tye, to take pictures of products she might export with a friend. We haven't been there in two weeks so it will be nice to see our friends, and see what's new.

Have a Thrilling Thursday.

Peace,
Danny

"The path to our destination is not always a straight one.
We go down the wrong road, we get lost, we turn back.
Maybe it doesn't matter which road we embark on.
Maybe what matters is that we embark."
~Barbara Hall

Gettin' Funky, Thai Style
www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics
http://blog.risingstardom.com/
www.lisamosesgallery.com

No comments: