Friday, September 10, 2010

Friday Funnies

Hi,

Well, that old rain did it again. Chiang Rai is getting a little bogged down, but the sun came out to play this afternoon. We encountered 'Bliss', and acupuncture in the same day.

Oh people, how could you not remember "Last Train To Clarksville" by The Monkees? (555) 'Old School Friday' is next: "Bop bopa-a-lula, a whop, bam, boo. __ __, oh Rudy. (repeat 4 times) A whop bop-a-lula, a whop bam boo. Got a girl named Sue, she knows just what to do. (repeat) She rocks to the east, she rocks to the west, but she's the girl that I know best. __ __, oh Rudy (x 4)" Hint: This '55 hit was by one of the most outrageous showman of several generations. The title, in two words, is either nonsense or a flavor. Either way, it was early Rock & Roll at its best.

A light rain greeted us this morning. It was a steady light rain with occasional downpours until around 10:30. Now we have a way to tell if it rained all night. If the yard is flooded, then chances are it rained on some level, for many hours. This morning the yard was flooded.

We went back to Bliss photo studio today to leave more cast acrylic prints to be photographed. I was going to wait in the car but Chalit, the photog, suggested I just park on the sidewalk apron in front of the studio. That was an easy solution. We've noticed that many businesses have space in front of their shops and we're assuming that it's for this very reason. Many times parking is very hard to find. In this morning's case, the whole side of the street was 'red'.
It's also very convenient that all of the curbs are rounded, like a berm, so they're easy to drive over. Hmm.

This afternoon we showed up for acupuncture at the appointed time, and spent about an hour just waiting, on a table. It was comfortable enough, but I could have napped at home. After about 35 minutes with a hand full of needles, I was released. Lisa talked to the doctor about the wait, and we're going to go in at 3pm on Monday. We'll see how that works. I'm taking headphones, and some new tunes on my phone just in case.

Tomorrow our friend Atom will come over for a visit, then we'll get a massage, and in the evening watch the qualifying for the Monza Formula One Grand Prix. You folks in America are lucky that you have SpeedTV to bring you the race. We get it from a Hong Kong affiliate of ESPN, and it's just not the same. There was a time, when we first moved here, that we had SlingBox working and we could watch everything on that. I say all that because you really should watch a couple of races at least. OK, promo over.

Have a Wonderful WeekEnd. Now it's time for some 'Funnies'.

Peace,
Danny


Dispatcher : 9-1-1 What is your emergency?
Caller: I heard what sounded like gunshots coming from the brown house on the corner.
Dispatcher: Do you have an address?
Caller: No, I have on a blouse and slacks, why?

Dispatcher: 9-1-1 What is the nature of your emergency?
Caller: I'm trying to reach nine eleven but my phone doesn't have an eleven on it.
Dispatcher: This is nine eleven.
Caller: I thought you just said it was nine-one-one
Dispatcher: Yes, ma'am nine-one-one and nine-eleven are the same thing.
Caller: Honey, I may be old, but I'm not stupid.

Dispatcher: 9-1-1 What's the nature of your emergency?
Caller: My wife is pregnant and her contractions are only two minutes apart
Dispatcher: Is this her first child?
Caller: No, you idiot! This is her husband!

Dispatcher: 9-1-1
Caller: Yeah, I'm having trouble breathing. I'm all out of breath. Darn....I think I'm going to pass out.
Dispatcher: Sir, where are you calling from?
Caller: I'm at a pay phone. North and Foster.
Dispatcher: ! Sir, an ambulance is on the way. Are you an asthmatic?
Caller: No
Dispatcher: What were you doing before you started having trouble breathing?
Caller: Running from the Police.


Gettin' Funky, Thai Style
www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics
http://blog.risingstardom.com/
www.lisamosesgallery.com

No comments: