Friday, September 17, 2010

Friday Funnies

Hi,

Believe it or not, we had a day of sunshine. It was so sunny we took a chance and got the car washed. Today was mostly spent at the house. Lisa worked on art, and I worked on my understanding of the camera.

Some of us have been humming various parts of "Good Vibrations" by The Beach Boys. 'Old School Friday is going way back this week. The year was 1958, and one of the favorite slow songs was this gem. The numbers were sung by the group, and then the lead would sing the rest. I just write'em as they sang'em. Who's old enough to know?
"One, thy shall never love another. Two, and stand by me all the while. Three, take happiness with the heartaches. Four, and go through life wearing a smile. Oh, how happy we will be, if we keep the __ __ __ __."
Clue: This song is probably one of many adaptations of a set of rules. That's all you get.

This afternoon I went for another acupuncture treatment. While I was getting 'stuck', I had a little conversation with one of the nurses. It was the usual list questions that foreigners get asked, but it was all in Thai. Miraculously, I understood most of her questions. The one I didn't get, the doctor helped me with. I learned that she has been at the hospital for 13 years, and lives across the street in what they call the 'convent', which is actually a dorm for nurses. The banter took the sting out of a few of the needles, and it was good to practice my Thai.

When I got back from my appointment we decided to go downtown and get the car washed. It was a bold move. Fortunately, the carwash was almost empty so we wouldn't have to wait too long. It really didn't matter since we were going to hang out at Doi Chaang Coffee, which is next door. While we were there, a friend of ours came in and we had a little visit with her. Her name is Nong, and her husband Bob is having an art exhibit that opens tomorrow night at 9 Art Gallery. We're really looking forward to going to this show. We met them at Lisa's first show and we see them at every opening, and many parties. This will be a solo show for him, and what we've seen in email makes me want to see it all in full size.

We're moving into the busy part of this month. Next week we'll be going to our first Thai wedding reception, and going to another Full Moon party. That's in addition to all the other stuff we do. Life is good here in Chiang Rai.

Have a Wonderful WeekEnd. Enjoy the recycled 'Funnies'.

Peace,
Danny

Following a woman with a dog out of the movie theater, a man stopped
her and said, "I'm sorry to bother you, but I was amazed that your dog
seemed to get into the movie so much. He cried at the right spots,
moved nervously at the boring spots, and laughed like crazy at the
funny parts. Don't you find that unusual?" "Yes," she replied. "I find
it very unusual. Especially considering that he hated the book!"

Gettin' Funky, Thai Style
www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics
http://blog.risingstardom.com/
www.lisamosesgallery.com

No comments: