Monday, May 25, 2009

Who

Hi,

Hot is the best way to describe the weather here over the weekend. Yes, everybody's talking about the weather. We got a gift with our Sunday lunch, and Lisa did more Chiang Rai driving.

I'm surprised that I didn't hear from more of you with regards to the weekend song. It was so easy. The song was "Land of a Thousand Dances" by Wilson Pickett. Oh now you remember. Here's another stumper for you:
"Well I don't know why I came here tonight I got the feeling that something ain't right I'm so scared in case I fall off my chair..." Clues: If you get stuck, tomorrow's clue may help. The group had an odd name. Hmm.

Over the weekend Lisa finished another painting in her 'Dancers in Nature' series. She talked to the gallery owner about her show in August and discovered that we have some work to do besides her art. There's nothing like 'art business' to open ones eyes. There's a catalog that has to be produced and it's our responsibility. Also, the show needs a title. Time to put on the other creative hats and get busy.

Sunday we did our usual lunch at Black Canyon. During the course of our meal we heard some music that we really liked. It was an American artist and we wanted to know who it was. I asked the manager and she told me his name but I was having trouble understanding her. She wrote it down and it was Jason Mraz. I've heard him but never had any of his music. Later, when we asked for our 'Check Bin' a server brought it and she came to the table with a copy of the CD. She had gone to the back and burned it while we finished our lunch. I love it.

Earlier Sunday morning we had to go to the hospital for Lisa's bandage change. This time she drove us. She's getting more comfortable with the quirkiness of the local traffic. A friend wrote and asked a very interesting question: "Is a different part of the brain being used since you're driving on the other side of the car on the other side of the road?" Sometimes it feels like that. Hmm, there's a study for some courageous scientist.

Today we went back to Overbrook for a 'Toe check' and it didn't look so good. After much waiting, she was taken to the second floor to her doctors office and he had to remove the rest of the nail on her big toe. Then he gave her the instructions he thought he'd given her in the beginning. Limited walking, plenty of rest and no more ballet lessons. This came on the eve of what was to be a new adventure. Tye and three other mothers had rented a space for Lisa to teach their daughters. There were to be two lessons a week. Now the whole thing has to be put on hold until we return from America in July. Bummer. The discomfort is waning and the spirits are lifting. Everything will be alright so there's nothing to worry about. I'll get a good workout running the stairs and Daku has taken to lying beside her on the floor.

Have a Great Week and for those of you in the U.S., have a pleasant Memorial Day.

Peace,
Danny

"If I try to be like him,
Who will be like me?"
~Yiddish proverb

Gettin' Funky, Thai Style
www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics
www.risingstardom.com
www.lisamosesgallery.com

No comments: