Friday, May 8, 2009

Friday Funnies

Hi,

Another hot day over here. Reportedly 97 degrees. An expo moved in across the river and the Formula One gang moved into Barcelona. Big weekend coming up. What about you?

Thanks for tuning in to radio T-Funk. That was Eric Burdon and The Animals with "Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood". This weekend you get to sing this one: "I've never seen this side of you before Till now...after all the time we spent together, just doesn't seem fair __ __ __ __" Clue: In association with the concept of good-will, I've practically given this one to you. Hmm, and there was a clue in there. (Ha)

Everybody's talkin' about the weather. We know it's hot when the people who have lived here all their lives say it's hot. I started to use the term locals, but it struck me that we are them. Or is it them are us? Anyway, we're local and I'm here to tell you that it's hot.

Today was the opening day of the Mekong River Export Expo. Merchants from various provinces in the region will be showing their wares. At least this is what we've been led to believe. We'll be going one day next week. Meanwhile there's a party going on and we'll have a week of thumping bass and fireworks every evening. We don't usually hear a thing once we close up the bedroom. Let them play all night.

It would appear that I'm into two sports. Formula One has been in my life for quite a while but the latest is a surprise. I can't believe that I know the teams in the European Football final and I have a favorite. Yes, it's true, the late night pacifier has turned into something I'm interested in. We'll be rooting for Manchester United, although we also like Barcelona. As far as F1 goes, I used to be a dedicated Ferrari fan but this year has been a let down. I still love the Prancing Horse, but this season I'm digging the new kids at Braun GP. You really should watch a race or two.

Right now there's a full moon in the east and a distant lightning storm in the west. The lightning is behind some very high clouds and it's looking like a light show of gigantic proportions.

Have a Wonderful WeekEnd and enjoy a few more 'Funnies'.

Peace,
Danny

A man is recovering from surgery when the surgical nurse appears and asks him how he is feeling. 
'I'm O. K. but I didn't like the four letter-words the doctor used in surgery,' he answered. 
'What did he say,' asked the nurse.. 
'Oops!' 
----

----------------------
A doctor examining a woman who had been rushed to the Emergency Room, took the husband aside, and said, 'I don't like the looks of your wife at all.'
'Me neither doc,' said the husband.
'But she's a great cook and really good with the kids.'

Gettin' Funky, Thai Style
www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics
www.risingstardom.com
www.lisamosesgallery.com

No comments: