Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Time

Hi,

Today was cooler but humid so the comfort level didn't change. I went for a swim and never got dry and Daku is taller.

Only a few of you got "Stuck In The Middle With You", by Stealers Wheels. It's OK 'cause it was a long shot. One of the writer/members of the band was Gerry Rafferty who went on to have a hit with "Baker Street".
Now it's time for an easy one. You ought to know this one from the late '70's. Follow the clues and you'll win.
"Thanks for the times that you've given me, the memories are all in my mind. And now that we've come to the end of our rainbow there's something I must say out loud..." Clue: The name of the band is a rank you'd find on a ship, the song does some counting, and Eddie Murphy did a wonderful parody back in the SNL days.

Today we had to call the air/con guy to come check on our bedroom unit. Just when it gets really hot, the thing doesn't get as cold as it should. Still gets cool, but not quite enough. My guess is that it needs more 'cold juice'. (Ha)

Isn't it ironic that the extremes of temps would go all crazy. A month or so ago I was complaining about the pool being too cold. Now it's like swimming in a tropical lagoon. Today it was 92 degrees. Bath time. That should give you an indication of how hot it's been around here. After my swim and shower today, I had to keep a towel handy because of the humidity. I could have sworn I'd dried off, but by the time I got upstairs my face was dripping.

The dogs have the right idea. Sleep through it. Daku sleeps a lot during the day because he's growing so much. He eats, takes a nap, plays a bit, naps, eats... His back is almost the same height as BamBam's and they're nine months apart. By the time he's five months old he'll be bigger than her. When will it end? We wanted a big dog and we got one. Both dogs are hanging out with us this evening and they finally surrendered to the fact that they were tired. The room is quiet. Shhh.

Well, I guess you'd better get out there and have a Wacky Wednesday.

Peace,
Danny

"Time is like a river - it flows by and doesn't return."
~Chinese Proverb

Gettin' Funky, Thai Style
www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics
www.risingstardom.com
www.lisamosesgallery.com

No comments: