Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Riches

Hi,

A day of sunshine. A day for dog washing. A day for preventative measures. Another beautiful day in Chiang Rai.

The song we were pondering was The Rolling Stones' "19th Nervous Breakdown". Now you knew that didn't you?
Our next musical adventure is a very old song that has been covered for years by many singers. You know the rules: Give me the title and the original artist. Bonus points if you can tell me the movie it was featured in.
"There was a boy, a very strange enchanted boy. They say he wandered very far, very far over land and sea..."
Hint: It's about a boy. (Ha) The singer was unforgettable. The movie was deep. I saw it as a boy, so you know it's old. Oh, no Google.

Yes, it's true. The sun shone all day. It was a wonderful thing. There were clouds, but nothing serious. We made what may have been our last morning hospital visit for awhile. When we returned, the dogs got overdue baths. They need to be able to run around outside and dry off and with all the rain, it hasn't been possible. They were smelling like dogs. (Ha)

This afternoon Lisa was reading over our house insurance policy and found a couple of interesting items. If we had an elephant, it would be covered. I think that's brilliant. Also, in the event that a "space ship" falls on the house, we're covered. That is, unless we tell them it's OK to land and they hit the house. Then we're not covered. Hmm.

I went out and scoured the hardware stores in search of some kind of weather stripping for the studio door. The answer from everyone was 'no have'. There was a piece they all tried to sell me but it was made to keep out wind and bugs. Water would flow right through. In desperation, I realized that all I needed was a strip of thick rubber. I started my new search at an industrial type store and they had rolls of what I needed. It took some doing to explain what I wanted and why, but I got the point across. I cut it to fit and glued it to the outside of the door. The handyman is in the house.

It's time for Wacky Wednesday.

Peace,
Danny

"If you want to feel rich, just count all of the things you have that money can't buy.
~Unknown

Gettin' Funky, Thai Style
www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics
www.risingstardom.com
www.lisamosesgallery.com

No comments: