Friday, May 15, 2009

Friday Funnies

Hi,

I suppose one could say we've entered the 'Rainy Season' here in Thailand. Rain every day. Rain every night. Oh, there's sunshine. There's always sunshine, but mostly clouds and rain. Doesn't that sound like fun? Or Seattle?

Aloha y'all. The song was "Hawaiian Wedding Song" ("Ke Kali Nei Au") and it was made famous by Andy Williams in 1959. The original song was written in 1926 by Charles E. King. The English lyrics are by Al Hoffman and Dick Manning. This song has an interesting history and if you'd like to know more about it, write me and I'll send it.

For the weekend we're going to visit a song that I've given you before. Maybe you'll remember this time:
"It’s not what you look like, when you’re doin' what you’re doin'. It’s what you’re doin' when you’re doin' what you look like you’re doin'! __ __ " Hint: This tune could be the anthem for 'Social Networking' sites like Facebook. The hook is two words and it was an early L.A. Funk record. You need to have this on your iPods.

So, I totally forgot to tell you about my little 'boo boo'. I was out in the yard with BamBam earlier this week and I tripped on the edge of the terazzo and skinned my knee. Being the brave one, I let Lisa clean it up but knew I didn't need to go to the hospital. It was doing pretty good until the other day when I had that wonderful swim. Not good for the knee. Today I surrendered myself to the doctor and it's going to be just fine. Now we have the right kind of bandage and stuff to keep it clean. We're making friends at the hospital with our daily visits. The nurses make sure we're taken care of and it's nice.

This afternoon I made a Big C run while Lisa painted. Odds and ends and a check on her phone that was misbehaving. Everyone must have waited for the break in the rain to come out and shop. The place was buzzing, but I had a mental list and I knew where everything was so it was easy. Getting to be an old hand at this.

Today they took down the multicolored ferris wheel across the river. We could see it from our kitchen window and it was a real treat. The traffic flow is back to normal and that's a relief. The entrance to the fairgrounds is like a 'Y' and many drivers cross the middle line in spite of on-coming traffic. Hmm, I wonder what would happen if there was "Driver's Ed."? They'd have to debunk the Law of Perpetual Motion and that would upset the local universe. (Ha) Seriously, it's something I'll have to document on film.

Our house-guests will be leaving on the early flight in the morning. They'll fly to Bangkok and then make their way south to Rayong. We didn't realize that this was the first time Yongsukh had ever flown and his first visit to Chiang Rai. He and his friend Joh went out this afternoon and walked into town, I think. They mostly stay in their room unless they're eating. Today Boot and Yongsukh hung out on the patio and had a long talk. He gave Lisa and me Buddha pendants from his temple in Rayong. I'm hoping that when he comes to study next year we can spend some time together. Maybe my Thai will be better next year and we can communicate.

Well, look at the time. It's time for the 'Funnies' courtesy of our friend Lisa in Nevada.

Have a Wonderfilled WeekEnd.

Peace,
Danny

Wanda's dishwasher quit working so she called in a repairman.
Since she had to go to work the next day, she told the repairman,
'I'll leave the key under the mat.
Fix the dishwasher, leave the bill on the counter, and I'll mail you a check.
Oh, by the way don't worry about my dog Spike. He won't bother you.
But, whatever you do, do NOT, under ANY circumstances, talk to my parrot!'

I MUST STRESS TO YOU: DO NOT TALK TO MY PARROT!

When the repairman arrived at Wanda's apartment,

he discovered the biggest, meanest looking dog he has ever seen.

But, just as she had said, the dog just lay there on the carpet

watching the repairman go about his work.

The parrot, however, drove him nuts the whole time with his incessant yelling,
cursing and name calling.

Finally the repairman couldn't contain himself any longer and yelled,

'Shut up, you stupid, ugly bird!'

To which the parrot replied, 'Get him Spike!'

Gettin' Funky, Thai Style
www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics
www.risingstardom.com
www.lisamosesgallery.com

No comments: