Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Kind Word

Hi,
What's that? I can't hear you, I have water in my ear. Yes, we swam today and it was wonderful. I can't remember when we last swam in our pool. (something inside doesn't want me to) Just the same, it was right on time.
Somehow the classics live on. I'm not sure if this tune fits that label, but "Pinball Wizard" by The Who certainly is well remembered. It's from the Rock Opera "Tommy". Does anybody remember the movie? Whoa, what a crazy ride. Now try this:
"I see the girls go by dressed in their summer clothes, I have to turn my head until my darkness goes..." Clue: Song about a dark hue, absence of light. Group name derived from a blues song. Oh yeah, that line is from the second half of the first verse, just to throw you. (Ha)
Today we went out and did stuff. We checked out a new vet we read about. He and his wife run a very nice clinic and we'll take Bam to them when the time comes to have her spayed. Then we went around the corner and picked up the five pieces of art that we were having framed. They did a beautiful job on everything. Now we just have to put them on the walls.
Then it was on to Big C for various things. The most important being a charger for our camera battery. I seem to have left it in America and it finally ran out. We got a little gadget that does the trick. Now we can take more pictures. Speaking of that, I have some catching up to do on the Flickr site. Stay tuned.
It seems that four o'clock is the perfect time to walk into the pool and cool off. Today was no exception. After being out in the street, it was nice to just slide into the refreshing, clean water. Did I mention that it is clean.
We were going to go to the Festival tonight but a storm hit just as we sat down for dinner. First a mighty wind came, blowing things open, and down and away. Then the rain came and we knew we were in for the evening. It's not so hard to stay home when there's nothing earth-shattering going on in the street. Chalk one up for small town living. Hmm.
Well, it's time for a Wacky Wednesday

Peace,
Danny

"Wise sayings often fall on barren ground,
but a kind word is never thrown away."
~Arthur Helps



Gettin' Funky, Thai Style

www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics

No comments: