Friday, September 5, 2008

Friday Funnies

Hi,
Here you are, at another Friday. We just finished ours. (That's so much fun to say) Today we went downtown for a few things and spent time at out respective crafts. I'll fill you in after we take care of some business.
Nothing like a Rolling Stones song to bring out the music lovers (Ha). "Paint It Black" was the song. That was in '66. That same year, another song hit with a similar color scheme: "__ __ __, I want my baby back. It's gray, it's gray, since she went away, Ooh-Ooh What can I do 'cause I-I-I-I-I'm feelin' blue" Clues: I think I just gave you the best one. Group has Spanish name but they aren't. Hmm, remember, it was the 60s. That was a pretty brave thing to do. (get it?)
Today, after our return from downtown, Lisa went into her studio to start a new project. It's so cool that she has a place to work. A permanent place dedicated to creating art. She's actually been rather productive since we've moved in. I, on the other hand (there's an odd phrase) have not been doing much, except absorbing the sounds around me, noting the cultural 'mash-up' that is modern Thai music. Well, when Blue and Ming were staying at the house, Ming retuned my guitar to what is called an open tuning (the six strings are tuned to play a chord when strummed, anywhere on the fret-board, you get that chord). The other day I finally picked up my guitar and got this wonderful surprise. It was just the spark I needed to get me back to my music. So, today while Lisa painted, I strummed and hummed and now I really feel 'at home' in my studio.
Tomorrow I have to dive again for another screw. Some are the right kind and Johan wants one of those for comparison. If I could figure out how to make a weight belt, it would be a snap. The adventure continues. Does anyone remember an underwater show starring Lloyd Bridges (I think that was the actor), where he was a diver. Don't be shy, write me and ease my troubled mind.
I'm going to go out on a limb and mention some sporting events happening this weekend. First off, Formula One is at the Spa circuit in Belgium. The US Open is happening (that's tennis) and there's probably some college football somewhere. Next weekend there's a U.S.C. game and of course we'll be rooting for our boys. Oh, did I mention they're ranked #1? See, this way I'll get lots of mail this weekend. Normally, we get no email on the weekends. It's a sad fact. You all go out and play and shop and visit and don't write your friends in foreign lands. (555)
I think it time for the 'Funnies', sent to me by my good friend Lee. It's a great variation on a theme. Have a Great WeekEnd.

Peace,
Danny

How to Plant Tomatoes

An old Italian lived alone in New Jersey . He wanted to plant his annual tomato garden, but it was very difficult work, as the ground
was hard. His only son, Vincent, who used to help him, was in prison. The old man wrote a letter to his son and described his predicament:

Dear Vincent,
I am feeling pretty sad, because it looks like I won't be able to plant my tomato garden this year. I'm just getting too old to be
digging up a garden plot. I know if you were here my troubles would be over. I know you would be happy to dig the plot for me, like in the old days.
Love,
Papa

A few days later he received a letter from his son:

Dear Pop,
Don't dig up that garden. That's where the bodies are buried.
Love,
Vinnie

At 4 a.m. the next morning, FBI agents and local police arrived and dug up the entire area without finding any bodies. They apologized
to the old man and left. That same day the old man received another letter from his son:

Dear Pop,
Go ahead and plant the tomatoes now. That's the best I could do under the circumstances.
Love you,
Vinnie

Gettin' Funky, Thai Style

www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics

No comments: