Friday, September 19, 2008

Friday Funnies

Hi,
Well, another amazing, productive, relaxing, fun-filled, hot and humid week comes to an end. I know I probably missed a few, but 'oh well'.
The song was "Never Can Say Goodbye" and it was first recorded by The Jackson Five, then Gloria Gaynor and then Issac Hayes. It was written by actor/writer Clifton Davis. Lane wrote to say that Gloria Gaynor's LP was the first Disco album.
"Mmmm, __ __, I'm in love with your daughter. The one, with the champagne eyes. I love the way she walks, I love the way she talks...." Clues: If you Google the lyric, you'll most likely end up thinking this is a Neil Young song. Wrong. It's an oldie from way back. Now you know. The title is a title and a name. Hmm.
Boot was sick this morning so we took care of ourselves again today. The floor guys came in the morning. We didn't feel like dealing with the Friday lunch rush at Big C so we waited here and watched one of our series. We have this lunch 'tradition' that has evolved. We watch one of our SciFi adventures. We currently travel between Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis. We started at the beginning and it's such a great contrast to our surroundings and all. Boy, did I wander off the path. Anyway, we went to 'C' for lunch and, of course, had a few things to pick up.
When we got home, Pan and his crew were in the back finishing the staining of the furniture. Boot was sleeping so I was on my own to communicate with Pan, who speaks no English. We finally understood each other enough to know that they were going to wait a bit, the put the lacquer on everything. The stain job came out great. Now all the furniture is the same wood tone and there are no rough edges. So let's party.
This evening we sat on our front porch and watched BamBam run, hunt and play. She's become quite the little 'action dog', jumping over the little hedges that frame the lawn. They're about a foot tall, but she springs over them like they're nothing. I think she like doing it. While we were sitting there, laughing at the dog, Boot came out and said she felt well enough to go to school. She's a dedicated student.
Here in LOS, there is this thing that I call 'The Art of the Near Miss'. They must teach it in school, or have it in the driving manual. It's as though everyone is tuned in to close calls and it doesn't phase them. Every now and then lights will flash and there is the occasional horn honk, but nothing like you'd imagine. Today I actually honked at someone. Put all of this in a big city somewhere on another continent, and the chase would be on with ugly consequences. Hmm.
It's time for the 'Funnies'. It's also time to start sending me more 'G' rated jokes, or I'll pick some. Ugh. Have a Fantastic WeekEnd.

Peace,
Danny

Disney Password

My kids love going to the Web, and they keep track of their passwords by writing them on Post-it notes.

I noticed their Disney password was "MickeyMinnieGoofyPluto," and asked why it was so long.

"Because," my son explained, "they say it has to have at least four characters."


Gettin' Funky, Thai Style

www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics

No comments: