Friday, September 26, 2008

Friday Funnies

Hi,
Today was a day of getting over our little 'vacation'. I guess we walked more than we thought, or something. So, we just hung around the house and dealt with a host of visitors. We had a follow-up with the garden crew (one woman who came and detailed the yard), a couple of visits with Johan and a long visit with Kak. Then there was, of course, the playing with the dog.
I got lots of mail on the second day of this song. I'm glad you remembered. Lane sent the details: "Magic Carpet Ride" by John Kay and Steppenwolf, September of 1968. He states that: "I think the best reference (to the song) was Zefram Cochrane
plays the song during Earth's very first warp speed sequence in the film Star Trek:First Contact, saying 'We can't leave without it'". This weekend, see if you know this one: "Now you swear and kick and beg us that you're not a gamblin' man. Then you find you're back in Vegas with a handle in your hand...You go back Jack, __ __ __, wheel turnin' 'round and 'round..." Hint: It's by a duo that had a tremendous career, broke up and got back together. The lyrics are from the last verse.
This is a big Formula One weekend. The first ever night race is being held in Singapore and I'm watching a practice session right now on Thai TV's Star Sports channel. Then I'll switch over and watch the Speed Channel reporting on Slingbox. Hey, there's only three more races after this, so I gotta pack it in. (Ha) Check your local listings.
It's looking like we won't be swimming by Sunday, but those are the breaks. I mean really, what's a few more days? Actually, we're starting to miss the daily routine, so it is becoming a 'thing'. We've been assured that it won't be that long. I must say, the new equipment looks much more substantial and Johan presented us with our own custom manual for operating everything.
There are things that I meant to tell you about from our two day trip that I will probably remember over the weekend. What ever comes back to me, I'll pass on to you next week. (must remember to take notes)
I think it's time for the 'Funnies'. This was sent to me by my friend Alan. Have a Great WeekEnd.

Peace,
Danny

An Older Woman Explains:
"I very quietly confided to my best friend that I was having an affair.
She turned to me and asked, 'Are you having it catered'?
And that, my friend, is the sad definition of 'OLD'!"

Gettin' Funky, Thai Style

www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics

www.risingstardom.com

No comments: