Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Somebody

Hi,
Well, the song was "I Wish It Would Rain" by The Temptations, from '68 and tonight we got rain. Hmm. Michael wrote that The Temps didn't start having hits until David Ruffin began singing with them in '66. After that it was 'My Girl' and then a host of others, including this one. So, now you know.
"I was working in the lab late one night When my eyes beheld an eerie sight For my monster from his slab began to rise And suddenly to my surprise" Hint: Not that you need one, but something creepy will happen tonight. Hmm.
This was our first day, dealing with our newly found objects. Things went quite well. After much sorting, defining, and pondering, we got a few rooms 'together'. A trip to a couple of furniture stores really made things go better. Bookcases, or at least things that pass for them, helped us empty the many boxes of books. Lisa's art center, in the bedroom, is happening and after I get a few holes drilled tomorrow, I can start putting the studio/entertainment center together. (whew, that was a long sentence)
I know I went on and on about the beautiful piece of property, but now we're moving on. It turns out there were just too many things 'not right' about the deal or the area. The main access to the land revealed two sheet-metal junk yards before we even got to the good stuff. Not the ambience we were looking for. Then, yesterday, as I went to open the gate for Boot, I heard the morning sounds of the neighborhood, a small child on a bike smiled at me, and I knew that I wanted to be near people, not out on the edge of things.
Oh, speaking of bikes, we went back to Fat Free yesterday and got more details and sat on the cruisers we plan to buy. The place is owned by a woman named Chomphuu (which sounds like shampoo and translates as pink) and she sells and rents all types of bikes. When we asked her about buying a rental, she informed us that she couldn't do it because she wouldn't be able to stand behind the product. I love that kind of honesty. We have to wait a bit, for a shipment from Taiwan, but that's life.
It's time for Wacky Wednesday.

Peace,
Danny

PS I got this quote from my dear friend Leigh W.

"I wondered why 'somebody' didn't do something. Then I realized, I was somebody."
~Unknown?


Gettin' Funky, Thai Style

www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics

No comments: