Thursday, October 25, 2007

Never

Hi,
For some reason, we both got a little crossed up in the space/time continuum and thought it was going to be Friday, for you. It's going to be Friday for us, when we wake up. Oh, never mind.
"I don't want clever conversation, I never want to work that hard, mmm. I just want someone that I can talk to I want you __ __ __ __ __." Lots of positive response for a song many didn't want to sing all day. I understand. Rebecca wrote to tell me he's from Longisland (one word). Who knew? I think you'll get it with today's line.
This morning we went for a walk. We turned off our street and went a new way and found a whole section we didn't know existed. We saw cool houses, nice lots, and a few special sights as well. We (I) got a little turned around and we ended up taking the long way home (another cool song). In the process, we learned even more about the area. It's nice, since we're going to be here at least a year.
This evening, we're guardedly giddy. Our friend Supat took us to see some land he'd investigated. It's just the right distance from the center of things, on a nice quite road, it's large enough to do what we've planned and the price is more than right. We want to be cautious, yet not miss what could be a great opportunity. They're cutting down the tall grass tomorrow and we may sneak by to take a better look. We have to be careful because we don't want to give ourselves away and have the price go up. (Happens every day)
We're nearing the end of the rainy season and the beginning of the tourist season. It's supposed to get cooler, which makes it more inviting up here, as opposed to say, Bangkok. Anyway, we're seeing lots of busses, and the NB is more crowded than a month ago. I wore my 'special shirt' last night and it got a great reception.
Well, guess I'll prepare myself for the real Friday and wish you a Happy Thursday.

Peace,
Danny

"It is never too late to be what you might have been."
~George Eliot

Gettin' Funky, Thai Style

www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics

No comments: