Friday, October 12, 2007

Friday Funnies

Hi,
We had a pretty mellow day today. We had our Thai lesson today and learned more about food, and how to order certain things. After that we met Blue at Doi Chaang Coffee and had, what else, some good coffee. We strolled down to Tops for a few things and it struck me, no grocery store runs.
During our class, Ploy asked us if we went to the market. (meaning fresh food market) We told her that Boot did the shopping, but that we did go to other stores. She was trying to find out if we spoke Thai in our lives and in what situations. We assured her that we were forced to deal with the language, since our landlord people don't speak English, and most of the Tuk-Tuk guys don't either. We'd be a bit lost without Boot and Blue.
Blue leaves early Monday morning. We'll go to the airport with him and see him off. It will also be an opportunity to pick up more of the rice treats that we've only found there. It's been great having him here with us. It's a big house and it's nice to have it full of laughter and craziness (which is what happens when we get together).
We just got back from the NB (you know what that is). Blue got a few more things to take back for the Holiday Sale at his restaurant (you should get out there for that) and I picked up a full size bow for my Salor.
After the NB we went over to the Wiang Inn to see Freddie play. Blue wanted to see him one more time before he left. We stayed until Freddie's break and hung out. If you come to town before April, we'll take you to see him sing and play.
Tomorrow the teak is supposed to arrive. This is going to be interesting because the place where we want to put the bookshelf will require moving the picture of The King. Everyone has at least one picture of His Majesty in their house. I'll have to see how it's hung and then try and duplicate the process in another spot. Boon Serm and his wife are out of town for a month, to see a new grand-daughter, so we're on our own.
Oh, I'll bet you thought I was going to forget about the song. No way. A few of you got it, including Denny. It was "This Diamond Ring" by Gary Lewis and the Playboys. He was Jerry Lewis' son and the group had a hit, but didn't play their instruments. When they played the Hollywood Bowl, the real players were backstage. And the beat goes on...
"Take these __ __, and learn to fly again, and learn to live so free. And when we hear the voices sing, The book of love will open up and set us free...." Clues: 1985, clever named group, you just read the chorus. Pretty simple.
Gotta go. You're just in time for the 'Funnies', sent to me by my good friend Lee. Some of you may have seen this, too bad. Have a Big WeekEnd.

Peace,
Danny

The following was published by an insurance company for internal distribution. These reports were submitted when policy holders were asked for a brief statement describing their particular accident:

The other car collided with mine without giving warning of its intention.

I thought my window was down but found it was up when I put my hand through it.

A pedestrian hit me and went under my car.

The guy was all over the place. I had to swerve a number of times before I hit him.

I pulled away from the side of the road, glanced at my mother-in-law and headed over the embankment.

The accident occurred when I was attempting to bring my car out of a skid by steering it into the other vehicle.

I was driving my car out of the driveway in the usual manner, when it was struck by the other car in the same place it had been struck several times before.

I was on my way to the doctor’s with rear-end trouble when my universal joint gave way, causing me to have an accident.

As I approached the intersection, a stop sign suddenly appeared in a place where no stop sign had ever appeared before. I was unable to stop in time to avoid the accident.

The telephone phone pole was approaching fast. I was attempting to swerve out of its path when it struck my front bumper.

To avoid hitting the bumper of the car in front, I struck the pedestrian.

My car was legally-parked as it backed into the other vehicle.

An invisible car came out of nowhere, struck my vehicle and vanished.

When I saw I could not avoid a collision, I stepped on the gas and crashed into the other car.

The pedestrian had no idea which direction to go, so I ran over him.

I saw the sad-faced old gentleman as he bounced off the hood of my car.

Coming home, I drove into the wrong house and collided with a tree I don’t have.

The indirect cause of this accident was a little guy in a small car with a big mouth.




Gettin' Funky, Thai Style

www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics

No comments: