Friday, October 26, 2007

Friday Funnies

Hi,
It's hard to believe that another week has gone by. And yet it has. It's been a busy, productive week for us. Our Friday found even more things for us to discover. This morning we went for our first bike ride. Lisa rode an antique bike and I rode a mountain bike. We found ourselves at the entrance to the sports complex near the house. We didn't know it was so big. There's a stadium with a large field, a playground for small kids, tennis courts, basketball, and our favorite, a swimming pool. It's open six days a week and costs about $1.60 for both of us to swim. We're totally exited about this because we haven't been able to exercise the way we used to. So, we'll ride to the pool, swim, and ride home. That should set us up for a nap real good. (Ha) Later in the afternoon, we stopped by 'Fat Free Bicycles' to check on getting our own bikes.
Before I go on, let me just say that if you didn't get the song, you missed "Just The Way You Are" by Billy Joel. To add to your education, I will pass on this bit of knowledge from Lois. When pronouncing the name of his hometown, the 'd' is silent: Longislan. Got it? For the weekend, here's one that shouldn't be too hard. This one is worth getting:
"__, get away. Get a good job with more pay and you're OK. __, it's a gas. Grab that cash with both hands and make a stash" Clue: The say it makes the world go 'round. From a monumental LP in the '70s. What a give-away.
Yesterday I told you about a piece of land that Pat had found. Today we went back to look a little closer. He told us they had cut the grass. What he was trying to say was, they knocked down the grass to make a path so one could walk in and see the tall grass. It was still breathtaking. It's 3 1/3 Rai, which translates to about 1 1/2 acres. It's bordered on three sides with amazing trees and we want it. It's in an area that's close to shops and a big market, but remote enough that there was no sound. Maybe a bird or two. Supat said that in the morning the birds are very busy, which is great. But there was no motorbike sound, no airplane, no nothing. Wow. I could babble on, but I won't. I'll put up a few pics so you can see what I'm talking about.
On the way back from the property, I spotted a furniture store that I'd seen before but never related to. We went in and found things we needed, like a corner desk for me and a new closet for Lisa. They delivered and put it all together and Lisa's closet was so nice, we called and ordered a second one. Now we have matching dark brown closets. They're bigger than the ones that were here, and that's a good thing. Are container is in Bangkok and should arrive here Tuesday or Wednesday.
I think it's time for some 'Funnies'. I've hit bottom, need new input, 'G' rated. Have a Great WeekEnd.

Peace,
Danny

PS Deepest apologies for the mail yesterday. I try to hide addresses but Gmail thought I was a spammer and rejected all my lists. I had to act fast and it came out wrong. They have new software and it's not right. I hope they fix it soon. I got mailin' to do.


To err is human; but to really mess things up requires a computer.

Computers are not intelligent.
They only think they are.

Computers make very fast, very accurate mistakes.
The attention span of a computer is as long as its electrical cord.



Gettin' Funky, Thai Style

www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics

No comments: