Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Life

Hi,
Well, let's get this over with. The song was "These Eyes" by The Guess Who. If you remember, I gave you the group name. I've been very loose with the clues lately. Maybe I'll just shut down and not tell you anything. Naw, I wouldn't do that. I might just give you some harder songs though. Like this one: "This stone is genuine, like love should be.
And if your baby's truer than my baby was to me. __ __ __ can be something beautiful...." Clues: '65 hit by offspring of celebs, lyric is from second verse.
My day started with a 'visit' with five dear friends back in the States. We hadn't hung out like that in quite a while. Using Skype video, it's amazing. I think we were on line for about one hour and fifteen minutes. It just flew. Ain't technology grand?
We did manage to get a dose of drama today. The shop where we got the teak pieces got real crazy about the shipping. After about 4 phone calls and an email, we got a message that our two pieces would be delivered Sunday at a reduced rate. Well, I guess that's better than us having to hire a truck to go and get our stuff. Sunday? Amazing Thailand.
We just got back from the Night Bazaar and a massage. We met a woman at the bazzar who's shop we'd seen before, but we'd never really gone in. Tonight Blue was looking for things to take back so we went in with him. We now have a new friend in town. I also noticed that tonight, the guys that play the traditional instruments were doing some different sounding songs. Upon closer inspection, I discovered that the Suengs they were playing were really guitars in disguise. They had tuning pegs on the back of the neck and were actually six-string guitars on the body of a Sueng. Very clever. I want one. One of them was a double-neck model. Whew. After the Bazaar, we went to the place where we had the foot massage. Blue and I had our feet 'done', while Lisa went for the oil massage. I'm trying that one next time.
We've been here 40 days. It's hard to believe. There are locals who are starting to get it, that we're not tourists. Several Tuk-Tuk drivers know the way to our house without us telling them. Some will come and get us at the house. A guy picked me up the other night and just said 'big house' and smiled.
It's getting late here, so I'll sign off. Have a Wacky Wednesday.

Peace,
Danny

"The basic principle of spiritual life is that our problems become the
very place to discover wisdom and love."
~Jack Kornfield, A Path With Heart

Gettin' Funky, Thai Style

www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics

No comments: