Tuesday, September 8, 2020

Revolution


Hi,

We got rain!  It started last night while Lisa was walking JaiDee.  It continued all night until mid-day today.  Nothing heavy, but it did make rivers in the yard and lakes in the street.  Local weather drama can be so exciting.

A few readers knew the ‘Easy Monday’ song.  Maybe another verse will help you remember.  “The telephone is ringing, I say ‘Hi, it’s me who is it there on the line?’  A voice says, ‘Hi, hello, how are you?’  Well, I guess I’m doin’ fine.  He says it’s 3am, there’s too much noise, don’t you people ever want to go to bed?  Just ‘cause you feel so good, do you have to drive me out of my head?’  I say Hey! You! __ __ __ __ __, Hey! You! __ __ __ __ __.  Hey! You! __ __ __ __ __, don’t hang around ‘cause twos a crowd, on my __ baby.”  Clue:  It’s by something that gathers no moss, about a guy who is being invaded by the outsiders around him.

Yesterday, while we were at the mall, we noticed a very tall young woman.  Then we saw a few more and realized that there must be some sort of beauty pageant in town.  I saw a jacket that read “Miss Grand Thailand” and decided to Google it.  It is a pageant and they were in town for activities before the main event in Bangkok.  Thailand has lots of pageants through out the year, this is just another one.  There is a Facebook page with photos of their various activities.  That were at Art Bridge for a tour and had a Lana Fashion Show at Le Meridien Resort.  Looks like Chiang Rai is on the circuit.  Hmm.

This morning we went to The Wanderer in a light rain.  As we were getting out of the van, which I drove, it struck me that this was Tuesday and normally they are closed.  Later, we talked with Khwan and learned that they are now open 7 days a week.  This is a good sign that locally, some businesses may be doing better.  On a larger scale, there have been a few cases of covid reported within the quarantine at the airport, and it has put a damper on the outlook for a rebirth of tourism.  We are maintaining our own ‘security’ by wearing our masks, even when others are not.  

Since my two trips upstairs yesterday didn’t wear me out, we are inching closer to making the move back to our home base.  I went up last night to program some tennis and it felt great being up there.  

Today’s photo was taken this morning.  The flowers growing on the front wall were thought to be ‘done’, then they suddenly appeared again.  Loving nature.


Have a Happy Tuesday.          Protect yourself and others.

                         Peace,
                                   Danny

“Those who make peaceful revolution
impossible will make violent revolution
inevitable.”
~John F. Kennedy

No comments: