Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Artist


Hi,

Today’s weather was basically a hot, cloudy day.  Because of the previous rains, the pool wasn’t quite to our liking, but maybe tomorrow.  

The ‘Easy Monday’ song was “59th Street Bridge Song (Feelin’ Groovy)” by Simon and Garfunkel.  On to ‘Jazzy Wednesday’ and an obscure tune that some of you might know.  “Permit me to introduce myself, the name is __ __.  I dwell in a dark dominion, way down by the river Styx.  The Devil has sent me here because I’m full of wicked tricks.  And I’m such a popular fellow, among all you lunatics.”  Hint:  The name of the character rhymes with the name of the river.  

Every week deserves at least one quiet day at home.  This was that day.  This morning our friend Chalit came over for coffee and conversation.  We’ve been friends since the ‘early days’.  Chalit is a photographer with a focus on portraits.  Through the years we have had deep discussions about what it means to create, the why and the how, etc.  Today it came down to the art of getting back to the art.  Before we knew it, we had been at it for two hours.  

This afternoon we left the house to go to the post office.  The ballots have been mailed.  Yea!  

Yesterday afternoon Prince JaiDee and Princess Nitchanan strolled through the kingdom.



Tonight we braved the walking track, even though it looked like it might rain.  Lisa took an umbrella with her, but I, who knows everything, left mine in the van.  About one third of the way around, it started sprinkling very lightly.  I went back and got my umbrella and finished my walk alone.  It meant that I actually went farther than usual.  This is good, the strength is coming back.  

Feels like a Wacky Wednesday.   Take care, mask up, wash up, and stay aware.

                             Peace,
                                       Danny

“Every child is an artist.
The problem is how to remain
an artist once we grow up.”
~Pablo Picasso

No comments: