Tuesday, September 29, 2020

Person


Hi,

The weather in Chiang Rai is basically in a ‘very cloudy’ phase.  It can look like rain, but not rain.  We do get cooler days as a result, so it’s fine with us.  

The ‘Easy Monday’ song didn’t get the response I was expecting.  Maybe the chorus will bring your memory back.
“__ __ is not my lover.   She’s just a girl who claims that I am the one, but the kid is not my son.  She says I am the one, but the kid is not my son.”  Clue:  It’s ‘Easy Monday’ after all. 

This morning we did our front porch thing and then had a Skype conversation with Lisa’s dad Joe.  It’s always good when we talk.  Keeping up with each others' lives makes the distance seem not so far.  It also lessens the time, in a way, since we saw him in person.  It’s been over 9 months since our last visit to the States.  We always have a portion of the conversation that includes the world of animals.  

We went to The Wanderer for coffee and roti before going to Big C.  Going to Big C after 10am seems like more of a challenge than when we go right after they open, but as long as they don’t change the location of products, we can move through the store in a pretty efficient manner.  

Across the Super Highway is Central Plaza Mall, and inside the mall is Top’s Market.  The lower floor was our target, but when we arrived, there was no parking there.  Winding up the ramps, we ended up on floor ‘First B’, as the voice at the elevator announced.  While waiting for the ‘car’, I noticed a poster for ‘VIP’ parking.  It’s days like today that make that sound like a good idea.  Today was probably one of the fastest visits to the mall in ages.  We left as soon as we picked up the two items on our list.  Amazing.

Today’s photo was taken by Lisa.  It’s titled “Porch Dogs”.  This is a typical morning pose while chewing their kong toys.  


This afternoon we went swimming for the first time in a long time.  The water was pleasant, not the temperature that our little ‘fish thermometer’ said it was, but not really cold either.  I did some swimming and it felt good.  Probably the most vigorous exercise since my ‘event’.  I’m estimating my progress with things like this by how easily I recover afterwards.  Today was a lot different than before and this is good.

Have a Happy Tuesday.

                          Peace,
                                    Danny

“I can’t go back to yesterday
because I was a different 
person then.”
~Lewis Carroll

No comments: