Friday, September 4, 2020

Friday Funnies


Hi.

We’ve been enjoying the cool mornings that the weather has to offer.  Since we seem to spend the afternoons inside, we often miss the heat of the day, at least for any length of time.

The ‘Jazzy Wednesday’ tune was “How High The Moon” as sung by Ella Fitzgerald, among many others.  Here’s Ella singing it ‘Live’ in 1958 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djZCe7ou3kY  For ‘Old School Friday’ I’m going to give you the chorus of this song and you’ll give me the title.  “__ __ __ __ __, you don’t wanna call nobody else.  Send it off in a letter to yourself.  __ __ __ __ __ it’s the only one you own.  You might use it if you feel better when you get home.”  Hint:  This could be a ‘Easy Monday’, but I have a heart (555).  There is a name in the title, and also some good advice.  The group is actually a ‘Jazzy Wednesday’ member.

This morning we went to The Wanderer for a relaxing time in the woods.  It’s nice to be out in the cool air for the morning, it feels like we really ‘went’ somewhere.  When we leave, the shadows of the trees are gone and the bright sun reminds me that we’re still in town.  Wait, turn around and go back.

Today I broke out of part of my comfort zone and climbed the stairs as far as the landing.  Not bad.  I’m trying to do it in stages, giving my body a chance to get back in the groove.  I’m not ready to go running up and down like before.  I checked my pulse after my return and it was still in the ‘good’ zone.  Something I decided not to do is keep running to Google to ask questions about what should be happening in my recovery.  Everybody is different and every case has different circumstances.  The thing that gave me the clue to not look anymore was advice about people going back to work after 2 days, driving after a few days, and so on.  I’m cool with following my doctors instructions and being patient, hard as it is. 

Thailand reported it’s first domestic Covid case in 100 days in Bangkok.  Now the authorities are scrambling to trace his movements and associates.  He was a DJ at two locations.  That’s going to be big job. 

Today’s photo shows what happens when both dogs expect the same attention.


On my next trip upstairs I’m going to have to program the DVR for the weekend and next week.  Formula 1 is in Italy for the Monza Grand Prix and The U.S. Open will be in week 2 in New York.  If I set things up right, I don’t have to fret about not being able to run up and down the stairs, or making it home in time for something.  

Have a Wonderful WeekEnd.    Time for the ‘Funnies’.  

                       Peace,
                                 Danny


No comments: