Monday, September 7, 2020

MIracle


Hi,

Saying that we’re having the same cool mornings, hot days, and moist nights probably means nothing to many of you in California.  You have my deepest sympathies with regards to the record temps.  Not to open a can of worms, but this is way past a warming trend.

The ‘Old School Friday’ song was “Rikki Don’t Lose That Number” by Steely Dan.  Here’s an ‘Easy Monday’ song for you:  “I live in an apartment on the ninety-ninth floor of my block.  And I sit at home, lookin’ out the window imagining the world has stopped.  Then in flies this guy who’s all dressed up like a union jack and says I have won five pounds if I have his kind of detergent pack.  I said, ‘Hey, you, __ __ __ __ __, hey, you __ __ __ __ __, hey, you, __ __ __ __ __.  Don’t hang around ‘cause twos a crowd, on my __ baby.”  Hint:  It’s a warning to intruders, of sorts.  By a quintet from across the pond.  

Time can be a crazy thing.  Or should I say, the perception of the passing of time.  Sometimes it just drags along, taking it’s time (555).  On other occasions it zips by so fast that you don’t realize what just happened.  The fact is, every moment is the same, it’s there and then it’s gone.  There goes another one.  All that to say that I think I experienced a little of both this weekend.  

We frequented The Wanderer this weekend.  Maybe there really is something comforting about the embrace of the woods, but I feel very comfortable there.  Even having the same thing, iced Americano and roti, doesn’t seem boring.  JaiDee seems to like having ice every time, so I know it’s not just me.  On Sunday, when we arrived, there was a family with two small children visiting from Bangkok.  They spotted JaiDee and their focus was on how to get closer.  The little boy was 2 and his sister 4.  They wanted to pet him but were afraid of this big thing.  Their mom finally came over and met JaiDee and tried to get the kids to get closer, but no deal.  

Today we went to Central Plaza Mall to get a new battery installed in Lisa’s laptop.  This was going to be a big day to test my strength, since we planned to be there for a few hours.  The morning began at Big C and that went pretty smooth for me.  I have no idea what my endurance level should be, I only know what it feels like to get tired.  After Big C I still had more steam so we pressed on.

We arrived at the mall just as it was opening.  Today was a holiday so there were lots of people arriving early.  After dropping off the computer, we went to Starbuck’s for coffee.  The plan changed and we decided to have lunch at the mall.  That meant that we had lots of time to wander, hang out, or shop.  We actually did all of that.  People watching is so different when you can only see half of the face.  I’ll let you use your imagination as to how it changes, and next time you’re out, think about it.  Anyway, we did some of that and picked up things we needed.  As we were leaving Top’s Market, we heard someone call my name.  It was my friend Earl, who lives in Mae Chan.  He was having lunch with some new friends he’d made who live in Tung, a long way east of us.  We had a fun conversation with them and finished our morning.  We accomplished a lot and taking little breaks allowed me to not get over tired.  Not that I wasn’t tired by the time we finally got home, I was.  

Today’s photo is a portrait of a tired dog.  I wonder what he’s thinking about.


Have a Great Week.

                       Peace,
                                 Danny

“Could a greater miracle take place than 
for  us to look through each other’s eyes
for an instant?”
~Henry David Thoreau

No comments: