Wednesday, August 14, 2019

Wars

Hi,

It was a sprinkly kind of day in Chiang Rai.  There should be a wiper setting that gets faster as the speed of the car increases.  That way the windshield gets wiped when needed based on how many drops per hour hit it.  When it’s raining, or just sprinkling, we let Gong and Natcha take Nitchanan to school in the van.  It’s dryer and safer.

The ‘Easy Monday’ song was “Purple Rain” by Prince.  It’s time for our ‘Zany Day’ tune and Prince is just the artist to provide such a song:  “I guess I should’ve known by the way you parked your car sideways, that it wouldn’t last.  See, you’re the kinda person that believes in makin’ out once, love’em and leave’em fast.  I guess I must be dumb ‘cause you had a pocket full of horses, Trojan and some of them used.  But it was Saturday night, I guess that makes it all right, and you say ‘What have I got to lose?’.  And honey, I say __ __ __, baby, you’re much too fast.  (Oh) __ __ __, you need a love that’s gonna last.”  Hint:  A song about a car, really.

After our weekly conversation with Lisa's dad Joe, we did our daily deal at the hospital.  Then it was time for coffee. We went back to Chivit Tamma Da since it was on the way to our next stop.  Once again, we had a quiet time on one of the porches, enjoying the green of the little island in the middle of the river.

While we were at Chivit, Lisa got busy with her phone.  


Our intention had been to go to Teppewan art supply store to visit Supalak and get some supplies, but there was no parking anywhere so we went home.  

Speaking of coming home, in about 4 more weeks little Jai Dee will be coming to his new home.  We’re supposed to get photos and a video next week.  The excitement is beginning.

Tomorrow I will have my first full massage since right after I hurt my back.  I was a little too tender the last time Khun Jin attempted to help me.  Things are much better now, not healed, but better.  If tomorrow isn’t too painful, I’ll be a regular when she comes to the house.  Lisa and Natcha have been enjoying the massages, and getting relief. I’m ready for the same.

It feels like a Wacky Wednesday.

                        Peace,
                                  Danny

“Children aren’t responsible for wars.”
~Fred Rogers

No comments: