Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Silence


Hi,

The day began looking like it would be a dry day after the storm.  By mid-day it was raining, that cleared and the monsoonal downpour hit.  Then it was done.  

The ‘Easy Monday’ song was “Big Yellow Taxi”’ by Joni Mitchell.  This week’s ‘Middle Song’ has an international flair:
“The way I see it, he said, you just can’t win it.  Everybody’s in it for their own gain, you can’t please ‘em all.  There’s always somebody calling you down.  I do my best and I do good business.  There’s a lot of people asking for my time, they’re trying to get ahead, they’re trying to be a good friend of mine.  I was a __ __ __ __, I felt unfettered and alive.  There was nobody calling me up for favors and no one’s future to decide…”  Hint:  Title contains the capitol city of a European country.  

Today was a busy day.  We talked to Joe, Lisa’s dad, and then went to BKK Hospital for her daily treatment on her ankle.  We had to wait longer than we’re used to because we had a 10am appointment.  From now on we’ll go at 9am, when the place is just waking up.  After the hospital we went to Makro for some art supplies (cups and sticks), and then to ArtBridge.  The next stop was in town at the shop of Khun Orn, to pick up sewing, and then to Sabroso.

We had a lunch date at Sabroso with our friends Susan and Noy.  We haven’t seen them since we lunched at the Hacienda months ago.  They have dogs and of course, we began with the dog conversations.  They have been doing lots of traveling and that was fun to hear about.  We always learn new things when people tell us about their travels.  The stand-out trip was to the Maldives, where they had a ‘room’ that was several tiny island bungalows.  There were rooms with glass panels in the floor, so you could see the fish swimming below, and a bathtub that was also clear.  It’s somewhere we’d like to go before the islands all sink into the ocean.  Japan was high on their list of favorite places to go and it seems that everyone we know who has been there wants to return.  During the heatwave they had a hard time with their hydroponic lettuce farm, trying to keep the crop from wilting.  Things are better now the temps are cooler and not as dry.  

In the late afternoon I went into town for my meeting.  Things were going as usual until I got to a major intersection and prepared to turn right.  There were policemen in the street directing traffic, directing us to continue straight ahead.  When I looked down the street I wanted, I was shocked to see all of the lanes heading north.  They had created a part-time one-way street to move the traffic out of the downtown area more efficiently.  I missed the memo on this, but I had an alternate plan that worked.  I wish they’d tell me when they’re going to change things around (555).

Today’s photo is a sight we see all around us on the northern side of the river.  There is still a lot farming, even with all the land development.  This is rice!


Feels like a Wacky Wednesday.

                        Peace,
                                  Danny

“Nothing strengthens authority
so much as silence.”
~Leonardo da Vinci

No comments: