Thursday, August 8, 2019

Blind


Hi,

Once again, we were tricked by the weather.  The new thing is for the rain to come in the afternoon and then leave.  It was a pretty hard rain for about 30 minutes.  Fortunately, it was after the school run and Natcha and Nitchanan were at home.  I think it’s going to be like this every day.

The ‘Middle Song’ was no stranger to many readers.  Once it gets in your head, the looping begins.  Second verse:
"I deal in dreamers and telephone screamers, lately I wonder what I do it for.  If I had my way I’d just walk through those doors and wander down the Champs-Elysees, going cafe to cabaret thinking how I’d feel when I find that very good friend of mine.  I was a __ __ __ __ I felt unfettered and alive.  Nobody was calling me up for favors, no one’s future to decide.  You know I’d go back there tomorrow but for the work I’ve taken on, stoking the star-making machinery behind the popular song.”  Clue:  The singer is taking on the role of a businessman.  There’s your clue.

This morning, after the hospital business, we went to Little C, looking for cheap paints but didn’t find any.  Lisa did find some much needed sunglasses so the trip was not in vain.  Besides the ‘Little C’ store, the rest of the building is like a mall.  There are many stores we see in other mall settings, but just smaller.  There was a lot of traffic, considering is was a Thursday morning.  Some day I’d like to see their MultiPlex theater.

The Wanderer was our coffee stop today.  Mercy greeted us with a little talking and some snuggling, even though she was very dirty from playing in the woods.  She may have been in the river.  Khun Thomas, the resident keeper of the plants, was hanging some plants inside next to the glass waterfall.  Next time we stop by I’ll take some photos of the finished arrangement.

Today’s photo was taken on our way home.  The title of this pic:  The Road Home.


Have a Thrilling Thursday.

                     Peace,
                               Danny

“You’re not supposed to be so blind 
with patriotism that you can’t face 
reality.  Wrong is wrong, no matter 
who says it.”
~Malcom X

No comments: